REPORT: Trump’s EPA takes next step toward replacing Obama-era rule
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The Trump administration is taking a big step forward in its effort to replace the Obama administration’s climate change rule for power plants with a more industry-friendly alternative.
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) said that on Monday it sent a proposed rule to reduce carbon dioxide emissions from power plants to the White House Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review.
The article goes on to state the following:
The OMB review, an internal process that checks for compliance with various laws and administration priorities, is the final step before the rule can be released publicly and made available for public comment.
The EPA hasn’t revealed the contents of the proposal. The Trump administration in December requested public input on ideas for a replacement.
The rule would replace the Clean Power Plan, the main pillar of former President Obama’s climate change agenda that sought a 32 percent cut in carbon emissions from the country’s power sector by 2030. States were allowed to decide how best to accomplish that goal.
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Do you view Trump’s attacks on McCain as disrespectful?
- REPORT: Top Dem’s massive probe of President Trump hits a snag
- TRUMP TWEET: Big announcement and a VERY touching video
- REPORT: Conway punches back after Trump calls him ‘husband from hell’
- EXCLUSIVE: American businessman proves in 3 minutes why Ocasio-Cortez is all wrong on socialism (VIDEO)
- REPORT: Cindy McCain shares hateful message she received after latest attack from President Trump
- POLL: Are Trump’s tweets against Kellyanne Conway’s husband going too far?
- VIDEO: AOC fires back at Ingraham over guest’s ‘Latina thing’ comment
- OpEd: Cuomo unleashes anti-Trump tirade after feds downgrade priority of $30B infrastructure project
- BREAKING: Federal judge drops bombshell on Trump’s drilling plans across the U.S.