REPORT: Trump’s Offer to Help N.Y. With Subway Baffles Governor’s Office
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by YAHOO.COM:
(Bloomberg) — President Donald Trump said he is ready to help New York extend the Second Avenue subway in New York City, an announcement that left even state Governor Andrew Cuomo baffled.
“Looking forward to helping New York City and Governor @andrewcuomo complete the long anticipated, and partially built, Second Avenue Subway,” President Donald Trump said in a tweet.
The article goes on to state the following:
Cuomo’s office on Saturday said that while the governor is involved in discussions with the president and the Department of Transportation about several infrastructure projects in the city, including the Gateway Tunnel project, the subway and updates at LaGuardia Airport, there have been no concrete steps taken to move forward.
“The president’s tweet suggests good news but we have no specific funding or approval and that is all that is relevant,” Communications Director Dani Lever said in a statement. “If an agreement actually materializes, we will provide an update.”
To get more information about this article, please visit YAHOO.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- FDNY says 3 injured in fire near New York City’s Times Square
- POLL: Was school right to fire teacher who pointed out illegal alien students to President Trump?
- REPORT: Biden: ‘I’ve spent as much time’ with Putin as Trump
- VIDEO: Missing Florida girl shown tied up and crying in Instagram video call, family tells police
- REPORT: GRAPHIC: Half-eaten remains of migrant found on Texas ranch near border
- REPORT: Bernie Sanders reveals what he admires about Trump
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts