REPORT: Trump’s words at issue in DACA case
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
President Trump’s tweets and campaign statements were raised in a federal appeals court Tuesday as a three-judge panel gathered to hear oral arguments in a case challenging the administration’s decision to end an Obama-era program protecting young immigrants from the threat of deportation.
During the one-hour argument before the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, Judge John Owens noted that the president has made many comments about immigrants that could be applicable to the case, the plaintiffs of which claim the Trump administration acted unlawfully when it attempted to rescind the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program.
“He has said all kinds of things that could be relevant in this litigation,” Owens said. “I know we have to wait for the Supreme Court in the travel ban case maybe to understand how we can fully evaluate his statements on the equal protection [claim], I get that, but doesn’t the secretary answer ultimately to the president?”
The article goes on to state the following:
Seven states filed the lawsuit this month and want an end to the 2012 Obama-created program.
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Hondurans caravan members carry their flag, burn US flag with swastika painted on it (PHOTO)
- POLL: Do you believe the migrant caravan will actually be turned away at the U.S. border?
- BREAKING: Mexican newspaper provides shocking new estimate of migrant caravan numbers
- VIDEO: Univision anchor makes claim about caravan migrants
- VIDEO: Kim Kardashian sticks up for Kanye’s support of Trump on Alec Baldwin show
- BREAKING: Retired Supreme Court Justice sends letter, has ‘beginning stages of dementia’
- VIDEO: Obama comments on improving economy
- REPORT: Restaurant where McConnell accosted releases statement
- REPORT: Kanye West pays debt for Chicago mayor candidate
- REPORT: Caravan migrants becoming sick due to severe conditions (Photos, Videos)