REPORT: Trump’s words at issue in DACA case
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
President Trump’s tweets and campaign statements were raised in a federal appeals court Tuesday as a three-judge panel gathered to hear oral arguments in a case challenging the administration’s decision to end an Obama-era program protecting young immigrants from the threat of deportation.
During the one-hour argument before the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, Judge John Owens noted that the president has made many comments about immigrants that could be applicable to the case, the plaintiffs of which claim the Trump administration acted unlawfully when it attempted to rescind the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program.
“He has said all kinds of things that could be relevant in this litigation,” Owens said. “I know we have to wait for the Supreme Court in the travel ban case maybe to understand how we can fully evaluate his statements on the equal protection [claim], I get that, but doesn’t the secretary answer ultimately to the president?”
The article goes on to state the following:
Seven states filed the lawsuit this month and want an end to the 2012 Obama-created program.
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: North Korea responds to Trump canceling summit (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Trump releases letter cancelling North Korea summit
- VIDEO: Trump responds to Comey’s taunt about grandchildren
- VIDEO: Trump’s response to new National Anthem policy sends Dems into orbit
- DML TV: Eerie blue flames in Hawaii raise new fears of explosions
- REPORT: Judge denies top news outlets access to sealed records in Mueller investigation
- VIDEO: Trump wants the ‘whole package’ in an immigration deal
- BREAKING: North Korea declares its nuclear test site closed after a ‘huge explosion’
- REPORT: Judge candidate dies 1 day after primary victory
- POLL: Do you agree with Trump’s decision to pull out of the North Korea meeting?