REPORT: TV networks boost security for reporters at Trump rallies
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
TV networks are boosting security for reporters at President Trump‘s campaign-style rallies in light of his escalating rhetoric against the press, according to Politico.
Though most networks would not respond to Politico’s questions about security at rallies, Politico examined social media posts from multiple broadcast reporters discussing their expanded security details.
The article goes on to state the following:
ABC’s Tara Palmeri, a White House correspondent, wrote an article about what it was like to cover Trump rallies “for the first time with a bodyguard.” ‘
“Here’s my dispatch on what it was like to cover Trump rallies for the first time with a bodyguard,” Palmeri tweeted. “I found that the crowds were riled up in mass, but very friendly one-on-one.”
Here’s my dispatch on what it was like to cover Trump rallies for the first time with a bodyguard. I found that the crowds were riled up in mass, but very friendly one-on-one https://t.co/JuQzhUSuLn
— Tara Palmeri (@tarapalmeri) August 5, 2018
Politico also noted a recent Instagram from NBC’s Geoff Bennet, who posted a photo of himself with NBC’s security detail.
“We need security guards when covering rallies hosted by the President of the United States,” Bennett noted in the caption, according to Politico. “Let that sink in.”
The New York Times and The Washington Post declined to offer specifics, but representatives from both outlets said they are reassessing and expanding safety measures for their reporters.
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- DML TV
- BREAKING: President Trump is removing US Secret Service director
- VIDEO: State of the Union attendees sing ‘Happy Birthday’ to survivor of Holocaust, 2018 synagogue shooting
- REPORT: Pelosi announces next move on Mueller report: ‘Congress will not be silent’
- BREAKING: US intelligence accuses China of using student spies to steal secrets
- REPORT: Activist Actress: “I do not have equal rights… because I have a vagina”
- SHARE VIDEO: DML warns President Trump of another hidden cost of illegal immigration
- VIDEO: Colbert hits Trump after Mueller report over ‘I’m f***d’ statement
- Dan Bongino blasts out explosive Twitter Storm on FISA Abuse memo
- VIDEO: CNN reporter stomps ‘nightmare’ lizard during live report