REPORT: TV networks boost security for reporters at Trump rallies
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
TV networks are boosting security for reporters at President Trump‘s campaign-style rallies in light of his escalating rhetoric against the press, according to Politico.
Though most networks would not respond to Politico’s questions about security at rallies, Politico examined social media posts from multiple broadcast reporters discussing their expanded security details.
The article goes on to state the following:
ABC’s Tara Palmeri, a White House correspondent, wrote an article about what it was like to cover Trump rallies “for the first time with a bodyguard.” ‘
“Here’s my dispatch on what it was like to cover Trump rallies for the first time with a bodyguard,” Palmeri tweeted. “I found that the crowds were riled up in mass, but very friendly one-on-one.”
Here’s my dispatch on what it was like to cover Trump rallies for the first time with a bodyguard. I found that the crowds were riled up in mass, but very friendly one-on-one https://t.co/JuQzhUSuLn
— Tara Palmeri (@tarapalmeri) August 5, 2018
Politico also noted a recent Instagram from NBC’s Geoff Bennet, who posted a photo of himself with NBC’s security detail.
“We need security guards when covering rallies hosted by the President of the United States,” Bennett noted in the caption, according to Politico. “Let that sink in.”
The New York Times and The Washington Post declined to offer specifics, but representatives from both outlets said they are reassessing and expanding safety measures for their reporters.
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: White House explains bandage on Trump’s hand, Twitter goes wild (PHOTOS)
- BREAKING: Pelosi sends letter to Trump on his State of the Union address
- VIDEO: Clemson Tigers get ANOTHER meal invite after Trump’s fast-food meal
- REPORT: Kremlin responds to theory of Trump being a ‘Russian agent’
- VIDEO: Border ranchers share alarm about prayer rugs found on their property
- REPORT: Clemson quarterback says White House quote is fake
- BREAKING: Top Trump official resigned over White House Puerto Rico plan
- REPORT: Rashida Tlaib lambasts ‘right wing media’ over coverage of picture with pro-Hezbollah activist
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez, freshmen Dems attempt to hand deliver request to McConnell (pictures)
- REPORT: House passes relief bill to fund government, six Republicans vote with Dems