REPORT: Twitter apologizes after vile anti-Trump hashtag trends in Turkey
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Twitter removed the phrase “Mahvolursun Trump,” which roughly translates into “Die Trump,” after it briefly trended in Turkey Monday.
Sunday night, the White House announced it would be removing remaining U.S. forces from Syria’s northern border, a move the fulfills one of Trump’s campaign promises but also leaves the Kurds, an essential U.S. ally in fighting ISIS, vulnerable to an attack from Turkey.
The article goes on to state the following:
“This phrase should not have appeared in trends, and we’re sorry for this mistake,” a Twitter spokesperson told The Hill. “At times, we do prevent certain content from trending and we have now done so with this trend.”
Th hashtag had started trending after President Trump tweeted the following warning, threatening to “obliterate the Economy of Turkey” if they harmed the Kurds.
….the captured ISIS fighters and families. The U.S. has done far more than anyone could have ever expected, including the capture of 100% of the ISIS Caliphate. It is time now for others in the region, some of great wealth, to protect their own territory. THE USA IS GREAT!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 7, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) October 8, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- REPORT: Another royal break. This time it’s Prince William and Kate Middleton, but its not an exit
- REPORT: Comey posts message to AG William Barr
- VIDEO: CNN Anchor Tells Nancy Pelosi That Trump Was Acquitted — She Interrupts, Claims He Wasn’t
- UPDATE: New details about Daytona 500 driver Ryan Newman following fiery crash
- VIDEO: Melania Stuns In Gorgeous Sleeveless Black And White Sundress At Daytona 500 [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: Judges’ association calls emergency meeting in wake of Stone sentencing reversal
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton finally responds to backlash over Sanders remark: ‘I thought…’
- VIDEO: Maxine Waters makes shocking claim that rich donors should influence elections
- REPORT: The New England Patriots Are Reportedly Eying This Quarterback