REPORT: Twitter apologizes after vile anti-Trump hashtag trends in Turkey
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Twitter removed the phrase “Mahvolursun Trump,” which roughly translates into “Die Trump,” after it briefly trended in Turkey Monday.
Sunday night, the White House announced it would be removing remaining U.S. forces from Syria’s northern border, a move the fulfills one of Trump’s campaign promises but also leaves the Kurds, an essential U.S. ally in fighting ISIS, vulnerable to an attack from Turkey.
The article goes on to state the following:
“This phrase should not have appeared in trends, and we’re sorry for this mistake,” a Twitter spokesperson told The Hill. “At times, we do prevent certain content from trending and we have now done so with this trend.”
Th hashtag had started trending after President Trump tweeted the following warning, threatening to “obliterate the Economy of Turkey” if they harmed the Kurds.
….the captured ISIS fighters and families. The U.S. has done far more than anyone could have ever expected, including the capture of 100% of the ISIS Caliphate. It is time now for others in the region, some of great wealth, to protect their own territory. THE USA IS GREAT!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 7, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) October 8, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Poll reveals percentage of Dems who want candidates to discuss Hunter Biden
- Human waste map reveals major city is largest ‘s***hole’ in America
- REPORT: CNN responds to ‘rumor’ Trump tweeted about network’s Jeff Zucker
- HAPPENING NOW: Democratic candidates debate in Ohio
- VIDEO: ‘Cooper, Your Bias is Showing’: Debate Moderator Slammed For Biden Question
- Soros, Pelosi to speak at 3-day ‘Resistance’ conference
- REPORT: ‘Saturday Night Live’ sees big change in ratings
- BREAKING: Manafort partner describes funneling millions through Cyprus accounts
- VIDEO: Hunter Biden speaks out in exclusive interview, as past business associations come under scrutiny