REPORT: Twitter threat made against town hall held by Nunes opponent Andrew Janz
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
A town hall hosted by Democratic congressional candidate Andrew Janz was held without incident Wednesday, despite a social media threat reported to police days earlier, a report says.
Janz, who is seeking the California seat held by Republican Rep. Devin Nunes,R-Calif., told the Fresno Bee his campaign reported the threat to police on Monday. A now-deleted Twitter account had responded to a Janz supporter with, “How about I waste you and everybody in the Clovis town hall.”
The article goes on to state the following:
It was not immediately clear whether the threat was political.
Yesterday, someone threatened to “waste us” during our Senior Issues Town Hall at the Clovis Veterans Memorial District. This was a direct threat to our veterans & seniors. We still showed up. We will not be intimidated. Thank you to @ClovisPolice_CA for keeping us safe today! pic.twitter.com/3UwdydnUPH
— Andrew Janz (@JanzforCongress) August 8, 2018
Threats like this are not ok. It doesn’t matter if the candidate is Democrat or Republican. We strongly denounce this, just like we denounced abusive language from @joshHarder’s supporters earlier today. It’s not ok. https://t.co/h2VTrvrZBu
— CAGOP (@CAGOP) August 8, 2018
The threatening voices that would shut down change will no doubt continue — and may get worse — the closer we get.
We cannot be intimidated. We will not be silenced. https://t.co/IvmMLpQyJh
— California Democratic Party (@CA_Dem) August 9, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Former ‘Apprentice’ Troy McClain responds to allegations that he played ‘N-word’ tape for Omarosa
- VIDEO: Omarosa drops new bombshell, makes claim about Trump’s knowledge of hacked DNC emails
- BREAKING: Trump campaign takes legal action, seeks ‘millions’ against Omarosa for violating nondisclosure
- BREAKING: Kansas Gov. concedes race for GOP nomination to Trump ally Kris Kobach (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: Katrina Pierson releases statement after Omarosa releases audio discussing ‘N-word’ tape
- DML TV: Heroic mom fights off child-snatcher in broad daylight
- BREAKING: Former Trump employee releases statement on Omarosa
- BREAKING: At least 5 shot inside Philadelphia-area Walmart, suspect in custody
- REPORT: Omarosa responds to arbitration action filed by Trump campaign
- REPORT: Philadelphia mom who paid $25k for prom send off is charged with defrauding US government