REPORT: Two Marines charged with smuggling illegal aliens into the US
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by NBCSANDIEGO.COM:
Two Camp Pendleton Marines are accused of transporting undocumented immigrants along the U.S.-Mexico border near Tecate.
U.S. Border Patrol agents arrested Lance Corporals Byron Law II and David Salazar-Quintero on July 3 in east San Diego County. The agents reportedly saw three undocumented immigrants jump into the Marines’ car on Interstate 8, just north of the border.
The article goes on to state the following:
According to a federal complaint, the undocumented immigrants told border agents they had agreed to pay the Marines $8,000 to take them north from the border to Los Angeles, eventually intending to head to New Jersey.
In an interview with agents after the arrest, Law allegedly confessed it wasn’t the first time he and Salazar-Quintero had transported undocumented immigrants for cash. Law admitted to transporting another undocumented immigrant the night before from the Jacumba exit on the Interstate 8 freeway to a McDonald’s in Del Mar.
CLICK HERE to read more of this report.
US Border patrol agents arrest 2 Calif.-based US Marines for allegedly helping smuggle undocumented immigrants at the US-Mexico border. https://t.co/nC284yDWEb
— NBC News (@NBCNews) July 9, 2019
Two Camp Pendleton lance corporals now face charges of “transportation of certain aliens for financial gain” https://t.co/r13mZLzZvP
— Gina Harkins (@GinaAHarkins) July 9, 2019
Two Camp Pendleton Marines are accused of transporting undocumented immigrants along the U.S.-Mexico border near Tecate. https://t.co/0OszgXW5BI
— #NBC7 San Diego (@nbcsandiego) July 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit NBCSANDIEGO.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Justice Dept unseals 11-count indictment linked to Russian bribery, Uranium One
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march
- BREAKING: Key Cabinet Member Tells Trump He Will Resign After Ukraine Controversy
- REPORT: Jim Acosta fires off tweets aimed at Trump’s presidential address
- CLAIM: Secret Document Reveals China Covertly Offering Missiles and Aid to N. Korea
- REPORT: ICE identifies hundreds of migrants lying about their family status
- POLL: Should Fox News bring Megyn Kelly back to their network?