REPORT: U.S. appeals court to revisit open carrying of guns
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by REUTERS.COM:
(Reuters) – A federal appeals court has decided to reconsider its recent decision that the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution protects the right to openly carry guns in self-defense.
In an order on Friday, the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals said it will revisit whether Hawaii acted lawfully in denying the plaintiff George Young a permit to openly carry a loaded gun.
The article goes on to state the following:
Circuit Judge Diarmuid O’Scannlain wrote for a 2-1 majority last July 24 that “we do not take lightly the problem of gun violence, which the State of Hawaii has understandably sought to fight,” but that the state nevertheless violated Young’s rights.
Just received California 9th Circuit’s order granting rehearing en banc for George Young v. State of Hawaii open carry case. This was clear cut and should have been rejected. Disappointing but not unexpected from the 9th. #2A #BS #opencarry #guns #GunPolicy pic.twitter.com/3u7u2AFE4d
— John Dillon (@CAFirearmsLaw) February 8, 2019
On the west coast, the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals has — perhaps not surprisingly — voted to reconsider a broad gun rights ruling issued a few months back: https://t.co/OsRoBBsrDK
— Lawrence Hurley (@lawrencehurley) February 8, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit REUTERS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting REUTERS.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Mexican troops drew weapons on American soldiers on US side of the border
- VIDEO: Pint-sized Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez impersonator cracks up the internet
- REPORT: Former Obama White House counsel set to stand trial
- VIDEO: Fox News Contributor Says Hillary ‘Gave’ Russians Money During 2016 Campaign
- About (ratings)
- UPDATE: Cops questioning suspect in connection with sickening Brooklyn ax murder, victims identified [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Grassley warns White House not to oust any more top immigration officials
- CLAIM: Sri Lanka: Seven arrested for Easter Sunday jihad massacres, death toll passes 190