REPORT: U.S. Executive Sentenced to Prison for Role in Conspiracy to Violate Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by JUSTICE.GOV:
The owner of a Hawaii-based engineering and consulting company was sentenced to 30 months in prison yesterday for his involvement in an international bribery conspiracy, announced Assistant Attorney General Brian A. Benczkowski of the Justice Department’s Criminal Division and Special Agent in Charge Sean Kaul of the FBI’s Honolulu Field Office.
Frank James Lyon, 53, a U.S. citizen residing in Hawaii, was sentenced by U.S. District Judge Susan O. Mollway of the District of Hawaii. Lyon pleaded guilty on Jan. 22 to a one-count information filed in the District of Hawaii charging him with conspiracy to violate the anti-bribery provisions of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and to commit federal program fraud.
The article goes on to state the following:
According to admissions made as part of his plea agreement, between 2006 and 2016, Lyon and his co-conspirators paid bribes to foreign officials in the Federated States of Micronesia (FSM) and to Hawaii state officials in exchange for those officials’ assisting Lyon’s company in obtaining and retaining contracts valued at more than $10 million. The bribes included, among other things, cash to FSM officials and Hawaii officials, and vehicles, gifts and entertainment for FSM officials.
To get more information about this article, please visit JUSTICE.GOV. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Trump Administration Makes Decision On Granting Venezuelans Temporary Protection
- EXCLUSIVE: Chris Pratt criticized for wearing patriotic flag shirt; here’s how you can take a stand
- REPORT: Trump fires back with blistering tweet at Tillerson over Putin statement
- REPORT: 18-year-old pilot and pageant queen dies in fiery plane crash
- Team DML Membership Confirmation
- REPORT: Bill Gates dethroned, no longer second richest person in the world
- REPORT: Ilhan Omar to introduce resolution supporting Israel boycotts [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Black Conservative Shreds Ayanna Pressley’s Racial Purity Comments