REPORT: U.S. judge dismisses Ashley Judd’s sexual harassment claim against Weinstein
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by REUTERS.COM:
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – A federal judge in Los Angeles on Wednesday dismissed actress Ashley Judd’s sexual harassment claim against movie producer Harvey Weinstein.
The judge said, however, that Judd could proceed with a defamation claim in the civil lawsuit. Judd had accused Weinstein of defaming her in 1998 after she refused what she said were his sexual advances.
The article goes on to state the following:
In her lawsuit filed in April 2018 Judd accused Weinstein of smearing her reputation by discouraging director Peter Jackson from casting her in his blockbuster movie franchise “The Lord of the Rings.”
— Reuters Top News (@Reuters) January 10, 2019
Federal judge tosses out actress Ashley Judd’s sexual harassment claim against Harvey Weinstein.
— CBS News Radio (@CBSNewsRadio) January 10, 2019
— Channel NewsAsia (@ChannelNewsAsia) January 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit REUTERS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Rep. Gaetz makes rare move to join Dem on amendment to block Trump on Iran
- BREAKING: Minnesota Lawmaker Calls For Ethics Investigation Into Rep. Ilhan Omar [VIDEO]
- UPDATE: David Ortiz shooting: Authorities reveal plot to kill ‘Big Papi’, 6 detained
- REPORT: DNA tests reveal shocking percentage of suspected fraudulent migrant families were unrelated
- VIDEO: Trump presents Medal of Honor to Staff Sergeant David Bellavia
- REPORT: Tear Gas And Cages: What Immigration Enforcement Looked Like Under Vice President Joe Biden (PICTURES)
- BREAKING: Podium placement for first Democratic debate revealed
- REPORT: Gillibrand announces progress toward securing 9/11 victim benefits
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march
- REPORT: Iranian president lashes out with insult at Trump White House amid new sanctions