REPORT: U.S. judge dismisses Ashley Judd’s sexual harassment claim against Weinstein
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by REUTERS.COM:
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – A federal judge in Los Angeles on Wednesday dismissed actress Ashley Judd’s sexual harassment claim against movie producer Harvey Weinstein.
The judge said, however, that Judd could proceed with a defamation claim in the civil lawsuit. Judd had accused Weinstein of defaming her in 1998 after she refused what she said were his sexual advances.
The article goes on to state the following:
In her lawsuit filed in April 2018 Judd accused Weinstein of smearing her reputation by discouraging director Peter Jackson from casting her in his blockbuster movie franchise “The Lord of the Rings.”
— Reuters Top News (@Reuters) January 10, 2019
Federal judge tosses out actress Ashley Judd’s sexual harassment claim against Harvey Weinstein.
— CBS News Radio (@CBSNewsRadio) January 10, 2019
— Channel NewsAsia (@ChannelNewsAsia) January 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit REUTERS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting REUTERS.COM
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: American Islamic Group launches effort demanding Jeanine Pirro, Tucker Carlson be FIRED by Fox News
- REPORT: Update on Fox News host Jeanine Pirro program
- POLL: Do you view Trump’s attacks on McCain as disrespectful?
- REPORT: Country singer dead at 35 after accidental shooting
- BREAKING: Former Muslim Murdoch Executive Says He Quit Over Fox’s ‘Anti-Muslim Rhetoric’ (AUDIO)
- VIDEO: Chris Kyle’s Iraqi interpreter gets US citizenship, has something say about Trump’s immigration policy
- BREAKING: Marine Corps commandant warns deploying troops to the border poses ‘unacceptable risk’
- BREAKING: Clinton, in newly revealed emails, discussed classified foreign policy matters, secretive ‘private’ comms channel with Israel
- REPORT: Sen. McSally spoke with Trump over McCain attacks
- REPORT: WikiLeaks founder releases statement on House Judiciary request for documents