REPORT: U.S. lawmakers ‘outraged’ as Trump talks of helping Chinese firm
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by REUTERS.COM:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – U.S. lawmakers on Tuesday rejected any plan by President Donald Trump to ease restrictions on China’s ZTE Corp, calling the telecommunications firm a security threat and vowing not to abandon legislation clamping down on the company.
Trump on Monday had defended his decision to revisit penalties on ZTE for flouting U.S. sanctions on trade with Iran, in part by saying it was reflective of the larger trade deal the United States is negotiating with China.
The article goes on to state the following:
The suggestion outraged members of Congress who have been pressing for more restrictions on ZTE. Some U.S. lawmakers have alleged equipment made by ZTE and other Chinese companies could pose a cybersecurity threat.
To weigh in on this information provided by REUTERS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting REUTERS.COM
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Do you believe the migrant caravan will actually be turned away at the U.S. border?
- REPORT: AP changes headline after outraged liberals complain about description of illegal caravan
- Trump Tweets: Releases statement on unstoppable caravan
- EXCLUSIVE: Hondurans caravan members carry their flag, burn US flag with swastika painted on it (PHOTO)
- BREAKING: Mexican newspaper provides shocking new estimate of migrant caravan numbers
- REPORT: Bernie Sanders pours cold water on blue wave
- VIDEO: Univision anchor makes claim about caravan migrants
- VIDEO: Bangladeshis Joined Migrant Caravan In Guatemala, Univision Correspondent Reports
- VIDEO: Kim Kardashian sticks up for Kanye’s support of Trump on Alec Baldwin show
- REPORT: Grassley demands, and receives, explanation for Air Force’s $326G coffee cup spending