REPORT: U.S. Marshals searching for disbarred Georgia lawyer suspected of murdering mother
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NBCNews.com:
The U.S. Marshals Service announced Saturday that it is searching for a disbarred Georgia attorney who removed his court-ordered ankle monitor before allegedly murdering his mother a week ago.
He has been on the run ever since.
Richard Merritt’s elderly mother was found dead a week ago, “having been violently killed,” the U.S. Marshals Service said in a statement. Dekalb County Police said Shirley Merritt had been stabbed to death inside her Stone Mountain, Georgia, home and police identified her son as the main suspect last week.
The article goes on to state the following:
Richard Merritt, 44, was scheduled to surrender to authorities the day prior to his mother’s murder after he was sentenced to 30 years in prison for stealing hundreds of thousands of dollars from his elderly clients between 2014 and 2017.
US Marshals searching for disbarred Georgia lawyer suspected of murdering mother. https://t.co/UNZy6chkKK
— NBC News (@NBCNews) February 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit NBCNews.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: North Carolina father of 6 has neck broken by ‘intense’ wave, killing him in ‘freak accident’
- VIDEO: Teen now permanently blinded as mystery illness progresses after going on cruise
- REPORT: Smollett Tries To Get Special Prosecutor Dropped, Makes New Claim
- REPORT: California couple arrested after strangling newborn baby in hospital, police say
- REPORT: Democrats to face off against a reluctant Mueller
- TEAM DML subscription service. Buy Now.
- REPORT: Trump says he has signed proclamation curbing asylum
- REPORT: CNN guest says GOP is responsible for Trump’s ‘racist’ and ‘un-American ideas’
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez calls for ‘9/11-style commission’ to investigate Trump family separation policy