REPORT: U.S. Marshals searching for disbarred Georgia lawyer suspected of murdering mother
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NBCNews.com:
The U.S. Marshals Service announced Saturday that it is searching for a disbarred Georgia attorney who removed his court-ordered ankle monitor before allegedly murdering his mother a week ago.
He has been on the run ever since.
Richard Merritt’s elderly mother was found dead a week ago, “having been violently killed,” the U.S. Marshals Service said in a statement. Dekalb County Police said Shirley Merritt had been stabbed to death inside her Stone Mountain, Georgia, home and police identified her son as the main suspect last week.
The article goes on to state the following:
Richard Merritt, 44, was scheduled to surrender to authorities the day prior to his mother’s murder after he was sentenced to 30 years in prison for stealing hundreds of thousands of dollars from his elderly clients between 2014 and 2017.
US Marshals searching for disbarred Georgia lawyer suspected of murdering mother. https://t.co/UNZy6chkKK
— NBC News (@NBCNews) February 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit NBCNews.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting NBCNews.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Mexican troops drew weapons on American soldiers on US side of the border
- VIDEO: Pint-sized Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez impersonator cracks up the internet
- CLAIM: Sri Lanka: Seven arrested for Easter Sunday jihad massacres, death toll passes 190
- REPORT: Former Obama White House counsel set to stand trial
- VIDEO: Fox News Contributor Says Hillary ‘Gave’ Russians Money During 2016 Campaign
- About (ratings)
- UPDATE: Cops questioning suspect in connection with sickening Brooklyn ax murder, victims identified [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Grassley warns White House not to oust any more top immigration officials
- VIDEO: April Ryan slams Mike Huckabee in fiery Twitter feud
- VIDEO: President Trump Keeps His Promise To 95-Year-Old WWII Vet