REPORT: U.S. Resettling More Refugees Than the Population of Philadelphia
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FreeBeacon:
From Fiscal Year 2008 to Fiscal Year 2017, the United States gave Lawful Permanent Resident status to 1,761,927 on humanitarian grounds, which is larger than the population of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, according to a press release from the White House.
The White House mentioned on Thursday the variety of programs and laws that provide for the refugees to gain such status in the United States.
Individuals admitted under these humanitarian immigration programs include: refugees admitted through the refugee resettlement program; parolees; cancellation of removals; special immigrant interpreters, beneficiaries of the Nicaraguan Adjustment and Central American Relief Act (NACARA); beneficiaries of the Haitian Refugee Immigration Fairness Act (HRIFA); Special Immigrant Juveniles (SIJ); Victims of Human Trafficking and Other Crimes (T Visa); Victims of Criminal Activity (U Visa); Battered spouses or children AND parents battered or abused, of U.S. Citizens; Cuban Haitian Entrants; and Parolees Adjusting Under the Help HAITI Act of 2010.
The article goes on to state the following:
Additionally, during the last twenty years, 442,071 individuals were granted either Temporary Protected Status or Deferred Enforced Departure.
Humanitarian-related immigration accounted for one-sixth of all immigration into the United States in the past decade. The grand total of immigrants America has resettled since 2008: 10,743,014.
To weigh in on this information provided by FreeBeacon, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting FreeBeacon
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Do you believe the migrant caravan will actually be turned away at the U.S. border?
- REPORT: AP changes headline after outraged liberals complain about description of illegal caravan
- EXCLUSIVE: Hondurans caravan members carry their flag, burn US flag with swastika painted on it (PHOTO)
- Trump Tweets: Releases statement on unstoppable caravan
- VIDEO: Univision anchor makes claim about caravan migrants
- BREAKING: Mexican newspaper provides shocking new estimate of migrant caravan numbers
- REPORT: Bernie Sanders pours cold water on blue wave
- VIDEO: Kim Kardashian sticks up for Kanye’s support of Trump on Alec Baldwin show
- VIDEO: Bangladeshis Joined Migrant Caravan In Guatemala, Univision Correspondent Reports
- REPORT: Grassley demands, and receives, explanation for Air Force’s $326G coffee cup spending