REPORT: U.S. surgeon general steps in to save fellow passenger on Delta flight
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WAPT.COM:
When a medical emergency was reported on a flight to Jackson, the U.S. surgeon general stepped in to help.
Dr. Jerome Adams was on a Delta flight Wednesday from Atlanta to Jackson when his skills as a physician were required.
“They asked if there was a doctor on board to help with a medical emergency – why yes, yes there was,” Adams said in a tweet.
(SEE TWEET BELOW)
DML News offers the further information published by CBSNEWS.COM:
According to the surgeon general’s office, a passenger had lost consciousness and the crew asked for help. Adams responded and the patient eventually regained consciousness, but Adams determined the passenger needed to go to a local hospital and the plane returned to the gate.
The surgeon general and two nurses escorted the patient off the plane and into the care of medics waiting at the gate. Adams called the patient’s spouse and explained the situation.
On my @Delta flight to Jackson, Mississippi (by way of Atlanta), and they asked if there was a Doctor on board to help with a medical emergency- why yes- yes there was. Patient doing well and like a good #USPHS officer, I was glad to be able to assist! pic.twitter.com/N9HdY3py6G
— U.S. Surgeon General (@Surgeon_General) May 16, 2018
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting CBSNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: North Korea responds to Trump canceling summit (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Trump releases letter cancelling North Korea summit
- VIDEO: Trump responds to Comey’s taunt about grandchildren
- VIDEO: Trump’s response to new National Anthem policy sends Dems into orbit
- DML TV: Eerie blue flames in Hawaii raise new fears of explosions
- REPORT: Judge denies top news outlets access to sealed records in Mueller investigation
- VIDEO: Trump wants the ‘whole package’ in an immigration deal
- UPDATE: Evicted 30-year-old who ‘failed to launch’ gets job offer (Video)
- BREAKING: North Korea declares its nuclear test site closed after a ‘huge explosion’
- REPORT: Judge candidate dies 1 day after primary victory