REPORT: University’s ‘ambitious’ plan to fight climate change includes banning THIS food
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
London’s Goldsmiths University is banning all beef products on campus to combat climate change.
The university announced the new policy on Monday as one of many green policies and initiatives that will be enacted at the start of the 2019 fall semester. The school aims to be carbon-neutral by 2025.
The article goes on to state the following:
“The growing global call for organisations to take seriously their responsibilities for halting climate change is impossible to ignore. Though I have only just arrived at Goldsmiths, it is immediately obvious that our staff and students care passionately about the future of our environment and that they are determined to help deliver the step change we need to cut our carbon footprint drastically and as quickly as possible,” said professor Frances Corner, the university’s warden.
Professor Frances Corner announced the following “major measures to help achieve this ambitious goal,” according to their website:
- Removing all beef products from sale from campus food outlets by the start of the 2019 academic year;
- Introducing an additional 10p levy on bottled water and single use plastic cups to discourage use, with the proceeds directed into a green student initiative fund;
- Installing significantly more solar panels across Goldsmiths’ campus in New Cross;
- Switching to a 100% clean energy supplier as soon as practicable;
- Continuing investment in Goldsmiths’ allotment area and identifying other areas where planting could help absorb carbon dioxide from the atmosphere;
- Reviewing how all Goldsmiths students can access curriculum options which investigate the subject of climate change and the role of individuals and organisations in reducing carbon emissions.
Goldsmiths University unveils a new plan to combat climate change;
– Ban selling beef on campus
– Introduce a small levy on plastic bottles and single-use plastics
– Become carbon neutral by 2025https://t.co/CadlCTsLTK
— Unearthed (@UE) August 13, 2019
— CNN (@CNN) August 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Video captures horrifying moment of deadly New Zealand volcano eruption, Americans among tourists trapped on island
- REPORT: Social Security announces Cost of Living increase for 2020
- VIDEO: ‘I Shouldn’t Have Done It’: Elizabeth Warren Apologizes When Confronted About Native American Claims
- REPORT: Biden: ‘Nobody warned me’ about Hunter and Ukraine because Beau was dying
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- BREAKING: Chilling new details revealed about Saudi students’ actions before Florida naval base attack [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Graham: We Will End Impeachment Trial ‘As Quickly As Possible’
- VIDEO: Protestor interrupts impeachment hearing, screams at Nadler, hauled out of room
- VIDEO: ‘They’re irrelevant’: Nadler defends not calling Republican witnesses for impeachment
- REPORT: New Muslim congresswoman flips after election, now supports anti-Israel boycott