REPORT: Unlikely ally defends Trump’s border policy
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, defended Trump’s policy of separating American-born children of illegal immigrants from their families during an interview Monday afternoon.
While Cruz admitted that such cases are tragic, he said they are inevitable when their family members illegally cross borders.
“There’s actually a court order that prevents keeping the kids with the parents when you put the parents in jail. So when you see reporters, when you see Democrats saying don’t separate kids from their parents, what they’re really saying is don’t arrest illegal aliens,” Cruz told KERA, a Dallas public radio station, in an interview that aired Monday afternoon.
The article goes on to state the following:
“There is a reason why under the Obama administration that often didn’t happen because when they apprehended people here illegally, they just let them go. And when you let them go, you didn’t separate children from parents,” Cruz said. “There’s no doubt that illegal immigration causes human tragedies and many of those tragedies are visited on kids.”
“Let’s say an American citizen gets arrested for a crime – for murder, for burglary, for whatever – you’re separated from your children. You’re put in prison…. That is the inevitable consequence of somebody being arrested for a crime,” Cruz said, adding, “This is an issue that I think the media has largely constructed because what’s shifted is that the Trump administration is endeavoring when people cross illegally, to arrest them, not to let them go.”
According to the report, more than 30 Democratic senators filed a bill titled the Keep Families Together Act last week, aimed at halting the existing policy.
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Do you believe the migrant caravan will actually be turned away at the U.S. border?
- REPORT: AP changes headline after outraged liberals complain about description of illegal caravan
- Trump Tweets: Releases statement on unstoppable caravan
- EXCLUSIVE: Hondurans caravan members carry their flag, burn US flag with swastika painted on it (PHOTO)
- BREAKING: Mexican newspaper provides shocking new estimate of migrant caravan numbers
- REPORT: Bernie Sanders pours cold water on blue wave
- VIDEO: Univision anchor makes claim about caravan migrants
- VIDEO: Bangladeshis Joined Migrant Caravan In Guatemala, Univision Correspondent Reports
- VIDEO: Kim Kardashian sticks up for Kanye’s support of Trump on Alec Baldwin show
- REPORT: Grassley demands, and receives, explanation for Air Force’s $326G coffee cup spending