REPORT: US braces for possible cyberattacks after Iran sanctions
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by Military Times:
WASHINGTON — The U.S. is bracing for cyberattacks Iran could launch in retaliation for the re-imposition of sanctions this week by President Donald Trump, cybersecurity and intelligence experts say.
Concern over that cyberthreat has been rising since May, when Trump pulled out of the 2015 nuclear deal, under which the U.S. and other world powers eased economic sanctions in exchange for curbs on Iran’s nuclear program. The experts say the threat would intensify following Washington’s move Tuesday to re-impose economic restrictions on Tehran.
The article goes on to state the following:
“While we have no specific threats, we have seen an increase in chatter related to Iranian threat activity over the past several weeks,” said Priscilla Moriuchi, director of strategic threat development at Recorded Future, a global real-time cyberthreat intelligence company. The Massachusetts-based company predicted back in May that the U.S. withdrawal from the nuclear agreement would provoke a cyber response from the Iranian government within two to four months.
U.S. intelligence agencies have singled out Iran as one of the main foreign cyberthreats facing America, along with Russia, China and North Korea. A wave of attacks that U.S. authorities blamed on Iran between 2012 and 2014 targeted banks and caused tens of millions of dollars in damage. They also targeted but failed to penetrate critical infrastructure.
— NRT English (@NRT_English) August 8, 2018
Iran has attacked the U.S. beforehttps://t.co/aJbnW0Kwft
— Haaretz.com (@haaretzcom) August 8, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by Military Times, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting Military Times
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Ohio woman’s cancer disappears after groundbreaking clinical trial
- REPORT: McConnell responds to news of fiery White House meeting
- REPORT: Vice President Pence became a viral meme on Twitter today
- REPORT: The one particular person who wasn’t invited to George H.W. Bush’s funeral
- VIDEO: Two Youth Severely Injured after Falling off Border Wall
- BREAKING: Mexico is closing off border in key region
- REPORT: Dad heard three-year-old daughter scream as uncle slashed her throat (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Sentence announced for Michael Cohen, President Trump’s Ex-Lawyer
- BREAKING: Publisher of National Enquirer claims it paid hush money to help Trump
- POLL: Should Trump shut down the government if Dems won’t approve funding for the wall?