REPORT: US expands program returning asylum seekers to Mexico
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The Homeland Security Department is expanding its program to send asylum seekers back to their country of origin while they wait out immigration court proceedings.
The current policy was first implemented in the San Ysidro port of entry near San Diego in southern California and is being expanded to Calexico, also in the California portion of the U.S.-Mexico border.
The article goes on to state the following:
A spokesman for Mexico’s foreign ministry confirmed the program’s expansion in a statement issued on Tuesday.
The move signals a further attempt by the Trump administration to block the large influx of migrants from Central America appearing at the border and asking for asylum. The administration has been highly critical of the current asylum seeking process where migrants are allowed to live in the U.S. for years without proper vetting while their immigration status is resolved in the courts.
CLICK THE LINK BELOW to read more of this report from the Washington Examiner.
The Trump administration is furthering attempts to block the large influx of migrants from Central America appearing at the border and asking for asylum.
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) March 12, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- DML Monday night, quick Walk & Talk May 20
- POLL: Should Don Lemon be fired for his racist statement against white men?
- REPORT: American ex-Taliban militant set to walk free
- REPORT: Twitter user who asked Warren for help with her love life says they spoke on the phone
- REPORT: Buttigieg appears on cover of gay magazine [PHOTO]
- REPORT: House Democrat shares text exchange with son about impeaching Trump
- BREAKING: Shooting leaves 5 schools on lockdown as cops hunt for killer on loose
- VIDEO: The twisted motive behind the alleged murder-for-hire plot that’s rocked the NYPD
- VIDEO: Dems use hearing to repeatedly quiz, stump Ben Carson on obscure acronyms
- REPORT: Former DOJ official “surprised” by one section of Mueller report