REPORT: US expands program returning asylum seekers to Mexico
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The Homeland Security Department is expanding its program to send asylum seekers back to their country of origin while they wait out immigration court proceedings.
The current policy was first implemented in the San Ysidro port of entry near San Diego in southern California and is being expanded to Calexico, also in the California portion of the U.S.-Mexico border.
The article goes on to state the following:
A spokesman for Mexico’s foreign ministry confirmed the program’s expansion in a statement issued on Tuesday.
The move signals a further attempt by the Trump administration to block the large influx of migrants from Central America appearing at the border and asking for asylum. The administration has been highly critical of the current asylum seeking process where migrants are allowed to live in the U.S. for years without proper vetting while their immigration status is resolved in the courts.
CLICK THE LINK BELOW to read more of this report from the Washington Examiner.
The Trump administration is furthering attempts to block the large influx of migrants from Central America appearing at the border and asking for asylum.
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) March 12, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Comey responds to conclusions on Mueller report with only three words, DML responds
- REPORT: Dr Dre says his daughter got into USC on her own despite $70m donation
- EXCLUSIVE: Eric Trump speaks out on Mueller report, sends message to CNN’s Acosta
- REPORT: Alyssa Milano urges Hollywood to boycott Georgia over ‘heartbeat’ abortion bill
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh lands exciting new job opportunity
- REPORT: Dem 2020 candidate says: Trump ‘Should Never Have Been Able to Come Within Cheating Distance of the Oval Office’
- Bette Midler goes into meltdown on Twitter, DML makes dig
- REPORT: Ivanka Trump quotes Abraham Lincoln in response to Mueller report findings
- REPORT: Sen. Graham sends ominous tweet to Comey
- EXCLUSIVE: Judge Jeanine Pirro makes public comments on Fox News controversy