REPORT: US-led joint bid wins right to host 2026 World Cup
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
A united bid by the U.S., Canada and Mexico was awarded the right Wednesday to host the 2026 FIFA World Cup.
The FIFA Congress held its annual meeting the day before the start of the World Cup to vote on whether the U.S.-led bid or the Morocco bid will get to host the soccer tournament. The North American bid won 134 to 65, according to ESPN FC.
The article goes on to state the following:
The North American bid was in better shape to host the World Cup. All soccer venues are expected to be ready by the time the 2026 World Cup rolls around. The U.S. proposed to host 60 out of the 80 matches, leaving Canada and Mexico with 10 fixtures each.
The 2026 World Cup will be the first tournament played in the expanded 48-team format, up from the current 32 countries. It will also be the first tournament to be hosted by three countries, Goal reported.
To weigh in on this information provided by FOXNEWS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Here's the moment the USA-Mexico-Canada united bid was awarded the 2026 FIFA World Cup. 🌎🏆 pic.twitter.com/Ip7lQAi5d2
— FOX Soccer (@FOXSoccer) June 13, 2018
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Omarosa’s neighbors file suit against her husband over unkempt home
- POLL: Should Christopher Watts receive the death penalty?
- UPDATE: Stunning details emerge on man detained by ICE while driving his pregnant wife to hospital
- VIDEO: How a patient paid a $285 copay for a $40 drug
- OpEd: Newt Gingrich: Mueller’s fatal mistake
- REPORT: U.S. company reports one year later after implanting microchips in employees’ hands
- VIDEO: Neighbor shoots TX man stabbing his toddler to death while yelling religious rants
- REPORT: WH aide departs after questions arise about speech at controversial venue
- REPORT: Murdered Colorado mom ‘beat all odds’ to get pregnant, brother says in emotional post
- VIDEO: Democrat Cracks Joke About President Trump Drowning