REPORT: US-led joint bid wins right to host 2026 World Cup
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
A united bid by the U.S., Canada and Mexico was awarded the right Wednesday to host the 2026 FIFA World Cup.
The FIFA Congress held its annual meeting the day before the start of the World Cup to vote on whether the U.S.-led bid or the Morocco bid will get to host the soccer tournament. The North American bid won 134 to 65, according to ESPN FC.
The article goes on to state the following:
The North American bid was in better shape to host the World Cup. All soccer venues are expected to be ready by the time the 2026 World Cup rolls around. The U.S. proposed to host 60 out of the 80 matches, leaving Canada and Mexico with 10 fixtures each.
The 2026 World Cup will be the first tournament played in the expanded 48-team format, up from the current 32 countries. It will also be the first tournament to be hosted by three countries, Goal reported.
To weigh in on this information provided by FOXNEWS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Here's the moment the USA-Mexico-Canada united bid was awarded the 2026 FIFA World Cup. 🌎🏆 pic.twitter.com/Ip7lQAi5d2
— FOX Soccer (@FOXSoccer) June 13, 2018
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: House Dems to offer additional funding for ‘border security’ to reopen government
- VIDEO: Judge Jeanine tears Nancy Pelosi to shreds in blistering monologue, concludes with shocking image
- BREAKING: Pelosi releases blistering statement on Trump’s offer to legalize Dreamers for wall money
- BREAKING: Inside the Mueller team’s decision to dispute BuzzFeed’s explosive story on Trump and Cohen
- REPORT: Four boys ages 12 to 14 are charged with kidnapping and raping a girl
- BREAKING: Details leaked on Trump’s planned announcement, expected compromise on shutdown
- EXCLUSIVE: Ann Coulter lambasts President Trump’s compromise proposal with Twitter rampage
- BREAKING: President Trump makes announcement on proposal to end shutdown (VIDEO)
- POLL: Do you approve of President Trump’s ‘immigration compromise’ proposal?
- BREAKING: Skating champion dies by suicide day after being suspended