REPORT: US rift with UK deepens as Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross abruptly cancels meeting
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross abruptly canceled a long-planned meeting with Britain’s Secretary of State for International Trade Liam Fox Tuesday because the British Ambassador to the U.S. Kim Darroch was also due to attend.
A Trump administration source said that the meeting was jettisoned because of the row over leaked secret cables from Darroch that described President Trump as “inept” and “incompetent.” The source said that it showed the rift between the Trump administration over the leaks was “a real thing” and growing.
The article goes on to state the following:
The source said that Ross has been on personally “warm and friendly” terms with Darroch, who has been ambassador since January 2016, sitting down for dinner with him only a few days ago. The cancellation of the meeting calls into question the ability of Darroch, 65, to do his job and could hasten his recall to London.
On Monday, Darroch’s invitation to a White House dinner was rescinded. On Tuesday morning, hours before the planned meeting with Ross, Trump mocked Darroch via Twitter, describing him as a “pompous guy” and a “very stupid fool.”
….thought of within the U.S. We will no longer deal with him. The good news for the wonderful United Kingdom is that they will soon have a new Prime Minister. While I thoroughly enjoyed the magnificent State Visit last month, it was the Queen who I was most impressed with!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 8, 2019
…handled. I told @theresa_may how to do that deal, but she went her own foolish way-was unable to get it done. A disaster! I don’t know the Ambassador but have been told he is a pompous fool. Tell him the USA now has the best Economy & Military anywhere in the World, by far…
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 9, 2019
SCOOP: “US rift with UK deepens as Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross cancels meeting over presence of British ambassador” https://t.co/PqY3kiVy8m
— Toby Harnden (@tobyharnden) July 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Justice Dept unseals 11-count indictment linked to Russian bribery, Uranium One
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march
- BREAKING: Key Cabinet Member Tells Trump He Will Resign After Ukraine Controversy
- REPORT: Jim Acosta fires off tweets aimed at Trump’s presidential address
- CLAIM: Secret Document Reveals China Covertly Offering Missiles and Aid to N. Korea
- REPORT: ICE identifies hundreds of migrants lying about their family status
- POLL: Should Fox News bring Megyn Kelly back to their network?