REPORT: US sending more troops to Poland
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by Military Times:
WASHINGTON — The U.S. is expected to announce Wednesday that it will send about 1,000 additional troops and a squadron of Reaper drones to Poland to beef up the nation’s ability to defend itself amid worries about Russian military activity, U.S. officials said.
The final details were still under discussion Tuesday, but the decision to expand America’s military presence in Poland comes after months of lobbying by Polish leaders who had hoped for a U.S. base in their country.
The article goes on to state the following:
Officials said Tuesday that the preliminary agreement avoids any permanent U.S. base or presence in the country and sticks instead to a rotational force. There are currently about 4,500 U.S. troops that routinely rotate in and out of Poland.
— Slem (@slem63) June 11, 2019
— Defense One (@DefenseOne) June 11, 2019
— NEWS102.3 KRMG 🎙 📻 🎧 (@KRMGtulsa) June 11, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit Military Times. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Father-of-three blows up home on day of daughter’s wedding
- REPORT: Liberal paper passed on thinly sourced Kavanaugh story before NYT published it
- REPORT: Kim Jong Un sends invitation to President Trump
- Growing ‘Garbage Patch’ in ocean is 3 times the size of France (videos)
- How You Can Help Stop Amnesty
- Man tries to bribe wheelchair-bound woman after sexually assaulting her
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez makes request on Manafort being sent to Rikers Island