REPORT: Veteran Dead for Four Days Found in California Assisted Living Home
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by BREITBART.COM:
The Department of Veterans Affairs pulled all residents from an assisted living home in Van Nuys, California, after finding a veteran who had been dead for four days. The incident followed several complaints of mistreatment in the region.
A VA social worker visited the Van Nuys assisted living home and found a veteran who died four days earlier, according to a Department of Veterans Affairs investigation reported by Military.com. The investigation also detailed abuses of veterans including a 100-year-old diagnosed with sepsis. The California Villa home denied prescribed antibiotics because they were “not covered by Medicare.” The patient had to be hospitalized a second time due to the error.
The article goes on to state the following:
The report cited a double dose of medication to another veteran. A third person was denied prescription drugs and charged him $5 per meal because he preferred to eat in his room, the article states.
“I am shocked that such lax oversight of facilities providing critical care for vulnerable veterans ever occurred,” Special Counsel Henry J. Kerner wrote in a letter Thursday to the White House.
VA Cuts Off Assisted Living Home After Finding Veteran Dead for 4 Days https://t.co/OLeOqP1w97
— Military.com (@Militarydotcom) August 12, 2019
This is terrible. https://t.co/y1IBlVyv3B
— Breitbart News (@BreitbartNews) August 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit BREITBART.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Text messaging startup that aided Dem campaigns in midterms fires huge portion of its staff
- REPORT: Doctor accused of being drunk at work indicted in deaths of three patients
- REPORT: Judge allows Trump to appeal Democrats’ emoluments lawsuit
- VIDEO: Surveillance video shows what happens when illegal aliens try to climb new border wall
- TRILOGY DVD (They Come to America I, II, and III)
- REPORT: Parents outraged as CA preps graphic sex ed program
- REPORT: San Francisco to scrub ‘dehumanizing labels’ from criminals
- REPORT: Woman found dead in garbage chute at Anthony Weiner’s former address (VIDEO)
- How You Can Help Stop Amnesty
- VIDEO: Watchdog alerts Trump that border agency violated DNA collection law for years, letting violent criminals walk free [READ LETTER]