REPORT: Veterans Weigh-In on Trump’s Handling of the Military: Poll
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by BREITBART.COM:
A majority of veterans approve of the way President Trump is handling his duties as commander in chief of the military, according to a new Pew Research Center poll published Wednesday.
The poll found that a majority – 57% – of veterans approve of Trump’s handling of the military, with about half at 48% saying his policies have made the military stronger. Forty-one percent of veterans said they disapproved and only 23% said they have made the military weaker.
The article goes on to state the following:
A majority of veterans — 64% — also said Trump respects veterans a “great deal” or a “fair amount,” versus the 38% who said Trump does not respect veterans much or at all. Older veterans were more likely than younger veterans to say Trump respects veterans a “great deal” — at 54% and 40%.
58% of veterans approve of Trump sending troops to the U.S.-Mexico, 53% approved of withdrawing the U.S. from the Iran nuclear deal, 52% approved of Trump’s transgender policy, and a majority approve of his handling of North Korea, NATO, and Russia.
Veterans largely disapproved of the idea of a Space Force.
WASHINGTON — About two-thirds of veterans think the Iraq War was not worth fighting, and more than 50% think the same about the war in Afghanistan, according to the Pew Research Center.
Pew, a nonpartisan think tank, released results of a new study Wednesday in which 64% of veterans said the Iraq War wasn’t worth fighting, considering the costs versus the benefit to the U.S. Of the ongoing war in Afghanistan, 58% of veterans said the same.
Pew surveyed a sample of 1,284 veterans and 1,087 other adults in May and June and compared their answers. The think tank drew participants from a panel of randomly selected adults who are representative of the U.S. in terms of age, gender, education, income and geographic region.
Don’t let the fake news try to tell you otherwise. https://t.co/AoFaNzXTz1
— Breitbart News (@BreitbartNews) July 11, 2019
64% of veterans said the Iraq War wasn’t worth fighting, considering the costs versus the benefit to the U.S., and more than 50% think the same about the war in Afghanistan, according to @pewresearch. https://t.co/Q9ym8VaWXG
— Stars and Stripes (@starsandstripes) July 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit BREITBART.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Screenwriter Behind ‘The Hate U Give,’ Dies Day Before Film Premiere
- REPORT: AOC makes shocking statement about Mitch McConnell
- REPORT: Trump Administration Makes Decision On Granting Venezuelans Temporary Protection
- BREAKING: Retired Supreme Court Justice dies at age 99
- EXCLUSIVE: Chris Pratt criticized for wearing patriotic flag shirt; here’s how you can take a stand
- REPORT: Trump fires back with blistering tweet at Tillerson over Putin statement
- REPORT: 18-year-old pilot and pageant queen dies in fiery plane crash
- Elementary teacher suspended over sexual orientation talk with students
- REPORT: CBP denies Marine Corps veteran entry for citizenship interview
- REPORT: Mexico makes stunning claim on where funding for migrant caravan came from