REPORT: Video shows encounter between Weinstein and accuser before alleged rape
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by APNEWS.COM:
NEW YORK (AP) — A video of Harvey Weinstein aired on television Wednesday showing him boldly propositioning a woman who later accused him of rape and repeatedly touching her and stroking her arm and back during what was supposed to have been a business meeting.
Melissa Thompson, who sued Weinstein in June, said she made the recording, shown by Sky News, while demonstrating video technology for the movie mogul-turned-#MeToo villain at his New York City office in 2011.
The article goes on to state the following:
Weinstein is seen on the video rejecting a handshake from Thompson and then hugging her instead and rubbing her back.
He then caresses her shoulder as they sit side-by-side in front of her laptop computer.
At one point he tells her: “Let me have a little part of you. Can you give it to me?”
After quickly agreeing to use the technology to promote his movies, Thompson said Weinstein put his hand up her dress.
The video, which only captures the two from the waist up, doesn’t show Weinstein’s hands at that point, but does show Thompson reacting with discomfort and telling Weinstein, “That’s too high. That’s too high.”
It also shows her joking about his advances, saying that “data is hot.”
Sky News aired only portions of the video. Thompson’s lawyers declined to share it with The Associated Press.
Weinstein’s lawyer said the full video “demonstrates that there is nothing forceful” and shows “casual, if not awkward, flirting from both parties.”
“Anything short of that is intended to make Mr. Weinstein appear inappropriate and even exploitative,” lawyer Ben Brafman said. “It was produced by Ms. Thompson to bolster her position in a civil lawsuit seeking money. This is a further attempt to publicly disgrace Mr. Weinstein for financial gain and we will not stand for it. Facts do matter.”
— Sky News (@SkyNews) September 12, 2018
— Law & Crime (@lawcrimenews) September 12, 2018
— TheWrap (@TheWrap) September 12, 2018
— Katia Zevelekakis (@katiazev) September 12, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by APNEWS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Screenwriter Behind ‘The Hate U Give,’ Dies Day Before Film Premiere
- REPORT: AOC makes shocking statement about Mitch McConnell
- REPORT: Trump Administration Makes Decision On Granting Venezuelans Temporary Protection
- BREAKING: Retired Supreme Court Justice dies at age 99
- EXCLUSIVE: Chris Pratt criticized for wearing patriotic flag shirt; here’s how you can take a stand
- REPORT: Trump fires back with blistering tweet at Tillerson over Putin statement
- REPORT: 18-year-old pilot and pageant queen dies in fiery plane crash
- Elementary teacher suspended over sexual orientation talk with students
- REPORT: Mexico makes stunning claim on where funding for migrant caravan came from
- VIDEO: Kevin McCarthy condemns House vote on Trump’s ‘go back’ comments