REPORT: Virginia Democratic Party turns on Fairfax, demands resignation
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONTIMES.COM:
The Virginia Democratic Party added its voice Saturday to the chorus calling for Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax to resign, saying he’s lost the party’s confidence.
Party Chair Susan Swecker said that the claims of rape lodged against the lieutenant governor are “credible,” and while he has the presumption of innocence, he should fight the allegations as a private citizen.
The article goes on to state the following:
“The lieutenant governor no longer has our confidence or support. He must resign,” she said in a statement Saturday morning, a day after a second accuser came forward to describe a decades-old rape while she and Mr. Fairfax attended Duke University.
— The Washington Times (@WashTimes) February 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONTIMES.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Teen now permanently blinded as mystery illness progresses after going on cruise
- REPORT: Brothers, aged 1 and 3, drown after falling into family pool
- VIDEO: Twitter philanthropist surprises disabled vet with new car after Trump re-tweeted him
- REPORT: 16 dog food brands may cause heart disease in pets, FDA warns
- VIDEO: Biden blames Trump for 7-year-old’s ‘racist’ question
- REPORT: Ex-White House spokesperson joins Fox Corporation
- REPORT: CNN guest says GOP is responsible for Trump’s ‘racist’ and ‘un-American ideas’
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez calls for ‘9/11-style commission’ to investigate Trump family separation policy