REPORT: Warren gives snarky statement about Trump’s census citizenship question announcement
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) took aim at President Trump on Thursday after he announced that he was dropping his administration’s effort to add a citizenship question to the 2020 census, accusing him of trying to incite hatred and inflame racial tensions by initially seeking to compile citizenship data on millions of Americans.
Warren’s remarks at a presidential town hall hosted by the League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) came hours after Trump reversed course, backtracking on previous efforts this week to push forward with including the question after the Supreme Court blocked the move.
The article goes on to state the following:
Asked about her reaction to Trump’s decision on Thursday, Warren initially feigned amazement.
“Wow, he’s going to follow the law?” Warren quipped.
“This is not about trying to find out real information about citizenship and non-citizenship in America,” she continued. “This is just about trying to stir up more hate. To try to get some more people excited.”
.@ewarren “This is about trying to stir up more hate,” Warren said about Trump’s announcement on trying to find who out who is a citizen through the Commerce Dept. despite not asking it on the census. She said @realDonaldTrump‘s message to those struggling is to blame “them”
— Mica Soellner (@micasoellner) July 11, 2019
Elizabeth Warren reacts to Donald Trump’s plan to back down on the citizenship question on the Census: “Wow. He’s gonna follow the law?”@LULAC crowd laughs and applauds.
— Sahil Kapur (@sahilkapur) July 11, 2019
Elizabeth Warren, at LULAC, response to President Trump’s announcement that he will not seek executive action to place citizenship question on Census: “Wow, he’s going to follow the law?”
— Vaughn Hillyard (@VaughnHillyard) July 11, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Biden blames Trump for 7-year-old’s ‘racist’ question
- REPORT: Brothers, aged 1 and 3, drown after falling into family pool
- VIDEO: Twitter philanthropist surprises disabled vet with new car after Trump re-tweeted him
- REPORT: 16 dog food brands may cause heart disease in pets, FDA warns
- REPORT: ‘Underage’ Migrant Sentenced for Murder of Teenager
- VIDEO: Detective describes disturbing evidence he gave Feds on Epstein
- REPORT: Ex-White House spokesperson joins Fox Corporation
- One NFL team makes up half of the players still protesting, kneeling