REPORT: Warren slammed Palantir over ICE contract but collected campaign cash from its employees
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Elizabeth Warren is a staunch critic of Palantir Technologies over the Silicon Valley firm’s software contract with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, but her presidential campaign collected a total of $900 from three employees of the company.
John Blessing, Marvel Church, and Alex Mark each gave the Massachusetts senator between $150 and $500 from April to June. Mark and Blessing are both Palantir Technologies engineers, while Church is listed as an “operations executive” in Federal Election Commission filings. The trio, who haven’t infringed any campaign finance regulations, also contributed to other Democratic organizations and causes, including Church, who donated $400 to South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg.
The article goes on to state the following:
Palantir Technologies, co-founded by billionaire Trump supporter and adviser Peter Thiel, has been slammed by pro-immigration and civil liberties groups for reportedly providing software that’s been integral to ICE’s crackdown on illegal immigration. The data analytics firm, however, has tried to distance itself from the claims.
Warren also faced criticism for accepting money from employees of companies such as Amazon, Google, and Facebook, while vowing to break up the same tech giants.
In September of 2018, she received a $2,700 donation from Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg, a donation that added to the $90,000 Warren has collected from employees of the tech firms over 7-years.
“Although the donors were intending to give to her Senate reelection race, unused funds were transferred to her White House run coffers,” the Examiner reports.
“Democrats don’t need a nominee who is going to rail against a rigged system while collecting checks from some of the worst offenders,” an aide for a rival campaign said. “Ending a system that privileges billionaires at the expense of working people begins when candidates start living the values they preach.”
— Naomi Lim (@naomitlim) September 10, 2019
“Democrats don’t need a nominee who is going to rail against a rigged system while collecting checks from some of the worst offenders.”https://t.co/ML65uTGjMv
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) September 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- REPORT: House Republican rips witness over gun control law claim
- VIDEO: Joe Biden tells a WHOPPER on gun violence… and no one called him on it
- REPORT: Prison officials reveal ‘fear’ of Weinstein incarceration: ‘He may try to …”
- BREAKING: Trump administration declares emergency due to coronavirus, Chinese furious
- REPORT: Medicaid and food stamps line vanishes as new immigration rules start
- REPORT: CNN report SHOCKS with description of baby who survives an abortion
- JUST IN: Major retailer to close 125 stores, shed 2,000 corporate jobs
- VIDEO: Truck driver performs dangerous U-turn into oncoming traffic on highway, gets arrested
- BREAKING: ‘Surgery is imminent’: Fox Nation host reveals she’s getting treatment for brain tumor