REPORT: Washington Post gives Booker three ‘Pinocchios’ for claim on toy guns
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
In a fact check on presidential candidate Cory Booker’s claim that toy guns are more regulated than real firearms, the Washington Post gave him three “Pinocchios” for being misleading.
The New Jersey senator made the assertion as he touted his gun control plan, which includes federal gun licensing, an “assault weapons” ban, and universal background checks.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Nowadays, there is more regulation over toy guns than real ones. While medicine, children’s toys, and any number of other consumer products are subject to regulation by the federal government, firearms are exempt,” Booker’s campaign explained.
The Post fact-checker said gun manufacturers are subject to numerous laws and can be sued if their weapons malfunction. Gun manufacturers, however, cannot be sued if their products are used in criminal acts.
Why should toy guns be subject to more federal regulation than real ones? It’s time to change that. pic.twitter.com/pCmlGGL22Q
— Cory Booker (@CoryBooker) May 7, 2019
Former Parkland student David Hogg also repeated the claim:
Toy guns are more regelated for safety than actual guns.
We need to
Put 👏guns 👏under 👏the 👏consumer 👏protection 👏 act 👏
— David Hogg (@davidhogg111) May 7, 2019
We need an aggressive approach to end the epidemic of gun violence in our country. My new plan would:
✅Keep guns out of the wrong hands
✅Hold gun manufacturers accountable
✅Bring the fight to the NRAhttps://t.co/6dTQ3SGJcM
— Cory Booker (@CoryBooker) May 6, 2019
Assault weapons, high-capacity magazines, and bump stocks have been responsible for some of the deadliest mass shootings in our country. Let’s be clear—they are made for no other purpose than to kill people quickly and efficiently. And we need to ban them for good. pic.twitter.com/Tcrkoi6i5t
— Cory Booker (@CoryBooker) May 13, 2019
Analysis | Cory Booker says toy guns are more regulated than real guns. Is he right? https://t.co/qIUw16I3ro
— The Washington Post (@washingtonpost) May 13, 2019
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) May 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- Footage of NY legislator’s embarrassing traffic stop released to the public (VIDEO)
- REPORT: Lion kills worker after escaping enclosure at North Carolina animal center
- REPORT: Dershowitz suggests FBI ‘thoroughly’ investigate Swetnick affidavit, Avenatti responds
- REPORT: High school student killed, 3 teens injured in crash one day after prom
- REPORT: CNN host calls Benghazi scandal a ‘sham’ during debate on Mueller probe
- REPORT: State House votes to expand number of medical professions allowed to perform abortions
- REPORT: Ben Carson sends Oreos to Democrat who quizzed him
- BREAKING: Pelosi speaks after closed-door Dem meeting, makes allegation against Trump [VIDEO]
- EXCLUSIVE: Pelosi gives her version of explosive meeting with Trump [VIDEO]
- REPORT: McConnell campaign raises stunning haul from ‘Cocaine Mitch’ T-shirt sales