REPORT: Wealthy Harvard-Educated Dem Senate Candidate Blasts Dems for Becoming ‘Too Elitist’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FreeBeacon:
Tennessee Democrat Phil Bredesen, a Harvard University-educated man worth up to $358 million and the owner of five homes, has diagnosed his party with an “elitist” problem.
Bredesen earned his fortune in the pharmaceutical and health care sectors before entering politics. He is now running for U.S. Senate. He told NPR he hopes his run could offer a blueprint for Democrats on how to recover from becoming “too elitist and too distant from the concerns of the very down to Earth people that have always been the base of the party.”
The article goes on to state the following:
With reported assets between $88.9 million and $358 million, Bredesen, if elected, would become one of the richest members of Congress. Public records show he is the owner of five homes—two homes in Nashville, two lakefront properties in upstate New York, and a five-bedroom home in Jackson, Wyoming.
Bredesen is also one of the registered owners of an Embraer Phenom 300 private jet, according to Federal Aviation Association records. The Embraer Phenom 300 goes for $10 million, according to CNBC.
— TNGOP (@TNGOP) July 30, 2018
Bredesen admitted in a Friday interview with the Chattanooga Times Free Press he considers himself more “sophisticated” than the voters he’s trying to reach, but that he does feel plugged in to their “world.”
“I feel like I’ve got one foot firmly planted in that world,” Bredesen said, in reference to groups who feel they are being looked down on by elites. “On the other hand, I have a foot planted in a more sophisticated world, for lack of a better word. I went to an Ivy League college, I’ve been a mayor, a governor, and CEO of a public company.”
“Part of what I’m trying to do at this point in my life is bring those worlds together,” he said.
To weigh in on this information provided by FreeBeacon, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting FreeBeacon
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Former ‘Apprentice’ Troy McClain responds to allegations that he played ‘N-word’ tape for Omarosa
- VIDEO: Omarosa drops new bombshell, makes claim about Trump’s knowledge of hacked DNC emails
- BREAKING: Trump campaign takes legal action, seeks ‘millions’ against Omarosa for violating nondisclosure
- BREAKING: Kansas Gov. concedes race for GOP nomination to Trump ally Kris Kobach (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: Katrina Pierson releases statement after Omarosa releases audio discussing ‘N-word’ tape
- DML TV: Heroic mom fights off child-snatcher in broad daylight
- BREAKING: Former Trump employee releases statement on Omarosa
- BREAKING: At least 5 shot inside Philadelphia-area Walmart, suspect in custody
- REPORT: Omarosa responds to arbitration action filed by Trump campaign
- REPORT: Philadelphia mom who paid $25k for prom send off is charged with defrauding US government