REPORT: White House beefs up legal team with 17 new attorneys to battle Democrats, Mueller
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NBCNews.com:
The White House has beefed up its legal team in recent weeks, hiring 17 additional lawyers to help prevent President Donald Trump’s discussions with top advisers from being obtained House Democrats or revealed to special counsel Robert Mueller, The Washington Post reported.
The White House plan is to assert Trump’s executive privilege on both fronts. That strategy is being led by new White House Counsel Pat Cipollone, and aides said the goal is to preserve a legal protection that past presidents have invoked.
The article goes on to state the following:
But with Democrats planning to go as far as subpoenaing the administration for information, such a strategy could quickly inflame tensions between the two sides and may lead to lengthy legal battles.
Some Democrats have already pledged to subpoena a copy of Mueller’s full report should the White House seek to to block any portions of it from being made public.
White House has beefed up its legal team in recent weeks, hiring 17 additional lawyers to help prevent President Trump’s discussions with top advisers from being obtained House Democrats or revealed to Special Counsel Mueller, The Washington Post reports. https://t.co/xRVMUuHaIL
— NBC News (@NBCNews) January 10, 2019
A beefed-up White House legal team prepares aggressive defense of Trump’s executive privilege as investigations loom large https://t.co/HIGo8UNlvo
— The Washington Post (@washingtonpost) January 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit NBCNews.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Rep. Gaetz makes rare move to join Dem on amendment to block Trump on Iran
- BREAKING: Minnesota Lawmaker Calls For Ethics Investigation Into Rep. Ilhan Omar [VIDEO]
- REPORT: DNA tests reveal shocking percentage of suspected fraudulent migrant families were unrelated
- BREAKING: Podium placement for first Democratic debate revealed
- REPORT: ‘Burn that rag!’ Activists plan to desecrate the flag at Trump’s July Fourth rally
- REPORT: Filings show Trump DHS Secretary McAleenan supported Democrats for years
- VIDEO: Mom Catches Kid Falling Off Balcony In Heart-Stopping Surveillance Video
- REPORT: Iranian president lashes out with insult at Trump White House amid new sanctions
- VIDEO: Nunes threatens ninth criminal referral, says Trump-Russia conspiracy peddlers are ‘possessed’
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts