REPORT: Wife of jailed Saudi journalist seeks Trump meeting during DC visit
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The wife of jailed Saudi journalist Raif Badawi is seeking a meeting with President Trump when she visits Washington next week after hearing repeatedly that only Trump can win his release.
Ensaf Haidar’s request comes two months after Trump announced he would not punish Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman for the murder last year of another Saudi journalist, Jamal Khashoggi.
The article goes on to state the following:
But Haider, who lives in Canada with the couple’s three children, said she remains hopeful, with her supporters arguing Trump has an opportunity to do something positive in light of Khashoggi’s murder.
Haidar is visiting Washington to meet with lawmakers, including Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., who have advocated for her husband. In December, the U.S. Senate unanimously passed a resolution condemning the crown prince for ordering Khashoggi’s murder and also condemning Badawi’s detention.
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Teen now permanently blinded as mystery illness progresses after going on cruise
- REPORT: Smollett Tries To Get Special Prosecutor Dropped, Makes New Claim
- REPORT: California couple arrested after strangling newborn baby in hospital, police say
- REPORT: Democrats to face off against a reluctant Mueller
- REPORT: Ex-White House spokesperson joins Fox Corporation
- REPORT: CNN guest says GOP is responsible for Trump’s ‘racist’ and ‘un-American ideas’
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez calls for ‘9/11-style commission’ to investigate Trump family separation policy