REPORT: Wife of jailed Saudi journalist seeks Trump meeting during DC visit
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The wife of jailed Saudi journalist Raif Badawi is seeking a meeting with President Trump when she visits Washington next week after hearing repeatedly that only Trump can win his release.
Ensaf Haidar’s request comes two months after Trump announced he would not punish Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman for the murder last year of another Saudi journalist, Jamal Khashoggi.
The article goes on to state the following:
But Haider, who lives in Canada with the couple’s three children, said she remains hopeful, with her supporters arguing Trump has an opportunity to do something positive in light of Khashoggi’s murder.
Haidar is visiting Washington to meet with lawmakers, including Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., who have advocated for her husband. In December, the U.S. Senate unanimously passed a resolution condemning the crown prince for ordering Khashoggi’s murder and also condemning Badawi’s detention.
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: GOP signals unease with Barr’s gun plan
- REPORT: NYT reporters make new claim against Kavanaugh
- TRUMP TWEETS: Responds to news report about ‘whistleblower complaint’
- REPORT: Student’s questionable school lunch post goes viral: ‘Sad excuse for a meal’
- BREAKING: Patriots star dumped by Nike after being accused of rape
- Florida sheriff reports about armed officer on school campus
- REPORT: Two former Congressional Black Caucus chairmen back 2020 candidate
- REPORT: ‘Kangaroo justice’: William Barr slams Obama Education Department
- VIDEO: “I hung up the phone and cried”: Dana Perino on the setback that led her to the White House
- BREAKING: ICE releases over 1,000 migrants onto streets in Texas and New Mexico this week