REPORT: Wisconsin Republicans take action on Medicaid rules to block incoming Dem governor
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Wisconsin Republican state lawmakers have approved a Medicaid work requirement during the legislature’s lame-duck session in an effort to block the incoming Democratic governor from abandoning the changes set by his GOP predecessor.
The vote, which occurred early Wednesday morning, makes official a provision that will require certain Medicaid beneficiaries to work, volunteer, or take classes for 80 hours a month. If enrollees fail to follow the requirement for 48 months in a row they will be dropped from coverage.
The article goes on to state the following:
All Democrats and one Republican, Rep. Todd Novak, voted against it.
The changes have the support of GOP Gov. Scott Walker, who lost re-election this year to Gov.-elect Tony Evers and will be leaving office in five weeks. The Trump administration approved the work requirement plan Oct. 31, but Evers said he planned to stop the policy from going into effect. The legislature’s move will allow the work requirements to go forward.
Democrats won big in Wisconsin. Now statewide Republicans are pushing through a Medicaid work requirement before they lose power. https://t.co/3fA0n3h6w5
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) December 5, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: New details emerge on judge who upheld subpoenas on Trump’s bank records
- BREAKING: Lone Republican blocks House passage of disaster relief bill
- REPORT: Calif. Senate passes humongous spending plan that would expand benefits to people in U.S. illegally
- REPORT: House Intelligence enjoys breakthrough with Justice Department
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham predicts Dems’ reaction to declassification of documents on Trump campaign surveillance
- REPORT: Trump, Pelosi wage Twitter war over ‘stammer’ video
- REPORT: Meteorologist fact-checks Ocasio-Cortez after her bizarre claim about tornado
- REPORT: Suspected illegal immigrant accused of impregnating 11-year-old girl [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Twitter permanently bans two famous Trump antagonists
- REPORT: Harvey Weinstein reaches massive deal to settle sex assault civil suits