REPORT: Wisconsin Republicans take action on Medicaid rules to block incoming Dem governor
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Wisconsin Republican state lawmakers have approved a Medicaid work requirement during the legislature’s lame-duck session in an effort to block the incoming Democratic governor from abandoning the changes set by his GOP predecessor.
The vote, which occurred early Wednesday morning, makes official a provision that will require certain Medicaid beneficiaries to work, volunteer, or take classes for 80 hours a month. If enrollees fail to follow the requirement for 48 months in a row they will be dropped from coverage.
The article goes on to state the following:
All Democrats and one Republican, Rep. Todd Novak, voted against it.
The changes have the support of GOP Gov. Scott Walker, who lost re-election this year to Gov.-elect Tony Evers and will be leaving office in five weeks. The Trump administration approved the work requirement plan Oct. 31, but Evers said he planned to stop the policy from going into effect. The legislature’s move will allow the work requirements to go forward.
Democrats won big in Wisconsin. Now statewide Republicans are pushing through a Medicaid work requirement before they lose power. https://t.co/3fA0n3h6w5
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) December 5, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Obama lashes out at Republicans over ruling against his ‘Obamacare’ program’, urges more people to enroll
- VIDEO: Trump makes unannounced visit to Arlington National Cemetery during laying of wreaths
- REPORT: Documents reveal urgent actions taken by Obama State Department on ‘Russiagate’ just prior to Trump inauguration
- VIDEO: Father of Guatemalan girl who died in US custody speaks out
- REPORT: John McCain’s family turns on Martha McSally
- VIDEO: Walmart employee goes rogue, uses intercom to announce he’s quitting: ‘Nobody should work here – ever!’
- BREAKING: FBI Releases Key Steele Dossier Document
- Trump Tweet: Outrage over new discovery on texts between Strzok and Page
- REPORT: As ICE releases migrant families by the hundreds, churches and businesses step up to help
- REPORT: Bombshell report contradicts Kamala Harris’s claim denying knowledge of misconduct allegations against aide