REPORT: Wisconsin Republicans take action on Medicaid rules to block incoming Dem governor
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Wisconsin Republican state lawmakers have approved a Medicaid work requirement during the legislature’s lame-duck session in an effort to block the incoming Democratic governor from abandoning the changes set by his GOP predecessor.
The vote, which occurred early Wednesday morning, makes official a provision that will require certain Medicaid beneficiaries to work, volunteer, or take classes for 80 hours a month. If enrollees fail to follow the requirement for 48 months in a row they will be dropped from coverage.
The article goes on to state the following:
All Democrats and one Republican, Rep. Todd Novak, voted against it.
The changes have the support of GOP Gov. Scott Walker, who lost re-election this year to Gov.-elect Tony Evers and will be leaving office in five weeks. The Trump administration approved the work requirement plan Oct. 31, but Evers said he planned to stop the policy from going into effect. The legislature’s move will allow the work requirements to go forward.
Democrats won big in Wisconsin. Now statewide Republicans are pushing through a Medicaid work requirement before they lose power. https://t.co/3fA0n3h6w5
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) December 5, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- OpEd: Venezuelan who fled socialism publishes alarming warning on Ocasio-Cortez’s ‘Green New Deal’
- UPDATE: Ocasio-Cortez responds to ‘wack’ Times Square billboard
- SURPRISE? Dem. 2020 candidate breaks from the pack: ‘We can’t have open borders, we need to have border security’
- REPORT: Kamala Harris releases statement on Jussie Smollett scandal
- VIDEO: Hundreds of caravan migrants headed to US violently attack police in southern Mexico
- REPORT: State senate passes bill to keep Trump off 2020 ballot unless he releases tax returns
- VIDEO: Roseanne Barr releases video blasting Ocasio-Cortez and socialism
- VIDEO: CNN’s Don Lemon on Smollett: ‘Not His Fault’
- REPORT: Michigan mother fatally shot 3 young daughters in woods before killing self
- BREAKING: MUST SEE – BOMBSHELL details revealed in press conference on Jussie Smollett’s hoax attack, plus revelations on homophobic letter