REPORT: Witnesses describe heroism of reporter during shooting
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CBSNEWS.COM:
ANNAPOLIS, Md. — In the moments after a gunman opened fire upon the newsroom of the Capital Gazette on June 28, reporter Wendi Winters grabbed a trash can and a recycling bin and charged the shooter, according to surviving staff members who described the ordeal to the newspaper.
“I absolutely think that Wendi Winters saved my life,” said Rachael Pacella in an interview for the Capital Gazette.
The article goes on to state the following:
Janel Cooley, a sales consultant, told the newspaper that she watched from beneath her desk as the 65-year-old ran toward the shooter, shouting something like, “No! You stop that!” or “You get out of here!”
The Capital Gazette reports that Winters, a 20-year newspaper veteran, had previously taken an active shooter training class in which she was taught that distracting the shooter can save lives.
Six of the 11 people present in the office when the shooter, who police suspect is 38-year-old Jarrod Ramos, survived.
Ramos was charged with five counts of first-degree murder. He is being held without bond.
To weigh in on this information provided by CBSNEWS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting CBSNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Kellyanne Conway changes Twitter bio after her husband rips on Trump
- EXCLUSIVE: White House responds to judge’s ruling on Acosta press pass
- EXCLUSIVE: Border Patrol releases ANOTHER video of migrants destroying new wire on fence (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: Media quiet about violent clash in Tijuana as Mexicans protest migrant caravan
- VIDEO: CNN’s Jim Acosta makes statement after court ruling
- BREAKING: Democrat Stacey Abrams Ends Bid For Georgia Governor, Decrying ‘Suppression’
- REPORT: Michael Avenatti is evicted from his law offices in Newport Beach
- REPORT: Migrants won’t see armed US soldiers on border
- REPORT: Woolsey fire destroys movie director’s home, burns entire life savings in ‘fire-proof’ safe (PHOTOS)
- REPORT: Stormy Daniels explodes on Twitter in rant at airline over lost luggage before speech