REPORT: Woman arrested for threatening to shoot up newspaper office
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by MASSLIVE.COM:
MASSACHUSETTS – Amy Zuckerman, 64, of Amherst was taken into custody by Amherst police on Saturday after she made a specific threat of violence toward a journalist who works in the Walpole Times office.
Neither Amherst nor Walpole police would release the charges, according to the Metro West Daily News. Zuckerman is being held without bail and is expected to be arraigned on Monday.
The journalist received the threat via email on Friday afternoon after he requested to be taken off an email list used by Zuckerman, an author and global marketing consultant, according to Anne Brennan, editor-in-chief of the MetroWest Daily News and Milford Daily News.
The article goes on to state the following:
“The email contained what we believe to be a very serious threat of physical harm,” Brennan said on Sunday. “The nature of the threat was very specific. Oftentimes as a journalist you receive threats, people get angry at you, but they’re not specific about what they’re going to do to you, sometimes they say they will cancel their subscription or something of that nature. This was a very specific threat of physical harm that not only put the journalist who received it in jeopardy, but the other people in that office as well, which is why we’re taking it very seriously.”
CBS BOSTON reported additional details:
“The specific threats were mentioned shooting a firearm through the window of The Walpole Times while people were there,” Walpole Police Chief John Carmichael said.
Zuckerman was arrested Saturday at her home in the Western Mass. town of Shutesbury. Police say she was upset with the newspaper because they refused to publish an article she wrote.
“We figure that we had to give some credibility to it especially in light of what just happened in Maryland we took it seriously, the people at Walpole Times took it seriously,” Chief Carmichael said.
To weigh in on this information provided by MASSLIVE.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting MASSLIVE.COM
Trending on DML News
- OpEd: Venezuelan who fled socialism publishes alarming warning on Ocasio-Cortez’s ‘Green New Deal’
- UPDATE: Ocasio-Cortez responds to ‘wack’ Times Square billboard
- SURPRISE? Dem. 2020 candidate breaks from the pack: ‘We can’t have open borders, we need to have border security’
- REPORT: Kamala Harris releases statement on Jussie Smollett scandal
- VIDEO: Hundreds of caravan migrants headed to US violently attack police in southern Mexico
- REPORT: State senate passes bill to keep Trump off 2020 ballot unless he releases tax returns
- VIDEO: Roseanne Barr releases video blasting Ocasio-Cortez and socialism
- VIDEO: CNN’s Don Lemon on Smollett: ‘Not His Fault’
- REPORT: Michigan mother fatally shot 3 young daughters in woods before killing self
- BREAKING: MUST SEE – BOMBSHELL details revealed in press conference on Jussie Smollett’s hoax attack, plus revelations on homophobic letter