REPORT: Women across the world showering Kavanaugh accuser with postcards
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Women across the globe are sending postcards in a show of support to Christine Blasey Ford, the college professor who accused Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault while they were in high school.
BBC reported on Wednesday that women from the United States, Canada, Germany, the United Kingdom, and even Australia have been mailing cards to Ford’s publicly-available work address, as she has reportedly been unable to return to her home due to “unending” death threats.
The article goes on to state the following:
According to the publication, the idea to send postcards to the professor spread on social media over the weekend as the Senate voted to confirm Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court in the wake of multiple allegations of sexual assault brought against him.
I remember Anita Hill saying how all the cards she received meant so much to her, let’s do the same for Dr Ford. 💛 pic.twitter.com/YnAI8Cv8Vm
— Giulia Rozzi (@GiuliaRozzi) October 5, 2018
Hiya, my name is Eleanor Whalley and I work for Reuters in London, I’ve seen the amazing work you’ve started to help Dr Ford deal with the bad press she’s received, the postcards are brilliant! Reuters would potentially be interested in doing a story on it, could you DM me?
— EleanorMarthaLouise (@EleanorMarthaL1) October 11, 2018
I was happy to share my story for this article. I felt helpless and deflated after the hearings. For me the simple act of sending a postcard helped me, and I hope will help Dr. Ford, feel supported and loved. #postcardfromseattle #ThankYouDrFord https://t.co/q1hJxGNmPH
— @luckygirlbyann (@AnnLoonam) October 11, 2018
If you want to express solidarity or gratitude to Christina Blasey Ford, if you’re also a survivor of sexual assault, if you want to tell her ‘we believe you’, you can write a postcard of support c/o Palo Alto University, 1791 Arastradero Rd, Palo Alto, CA, 94304. #blaseyford pic.twitter.com/BqdB9rNCDz
— FiLiA (@FiLiA_charity) October 9, 2018
— nicolebrandt (@nicolebrandt) October 8, 2018
Join us tomorrow from 7pm to 9pm in AC201 and help us write messages of support to Dr. Christine Blasey Ford – tea, coffee, snacks & postcards all provided 💜 pic.twitter.com/irWOogYmUB
— Feminist Soc NUIG (@FemSocNUIG) October 8, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Women from all over the world have been sending Christine Blasey Ford postcards with one message: “Thank you”.https://t.co/lPz6Sb5vLF
— Meral Guzel (@MeralGuzel_UNW) October 10, 2018
— The Hill (@thehill) October 11, 2018
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Beto resorts to speaking Spanish in debate answer, though doesn’t give an actual answer
- REPORT: Mom posts warning about popular video game after 7-year-old’s avatar ‘violently gang raped’
- REPORT: Tulsi Gabbard’s hairstyle draws more attention than her answers
- VIDEO: Young Man Confronts Vehicle Full Of Russian Soldiers During Road Rage Incident
- REPORT: ‘Latinos For Trump’ Launching In Miami as Democrats target Florida Hispanics for 2020
- EXCLUSIVE: Landowner of private border wall faces charges, prison (video)
- REPORT: Heartbreaking footage reveals Venezuela crisis as mother forced to carry dead daughter through streets
- REPORT: Young female cop shot and killed just 2 weeks after being sworn in
- OpEd: Sen. Marco Rubio: Dems’ court-packing plan is all wrong
- VIDEO: AG Bill Barr surprises DOJ event attendees with stunning bagpipes performance