REPORT: Women across the world showering Kavanaugh accuser with postcards
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Women across the globe are sending postcards in a show of support to Christine Blasey Ford, the college professor who accused Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault while they were in high school.
BBC reported on Wednesday that women from the United States, Canada, Germany, the United Kingdom, and even Australia have been mailing cards to Ford’s publicly-available work address, as she has reportedly been unable to return to her home due to “unending” death threats.
The article goes on to state the following:
According to the publication, the idea to send postcards to the professor spread on social media over the weekend as the Senate voted to confirm Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court in the wake of multiple allegations of sexual assault brought against him.
I remember Anita Hill saying how all the cards she received meant so much to her, let’s do the same for Dr Ford. 💛 pic.twitter.com/YnAI8Cv8Vm
— Giulia Rozzi (@GiuliaRozzi) October 5, 2018
Hiya, my name is Eleanor Whalley and I work for Reuters in London, I’ve seen the amazing work you’ve started to help Dr Ford deal with the bad press she’s received, the postcards are brilliant! Reuters would potentially be interested in doing a story on it, could you DM me?
— EleanorMarthaLouise (@EleanorMarthaL1) October 11, 2018
I was happy to share my story for this article. I felt helpless and deflated after the hearings. For me the simple act of sending a postcard helped me, and I hope will help Dr. Ford, feel supported and loved. #postcardfromseattle #ThankYouDrFord https://t.co/q1hJxGNmPH
— @luckygirlbyann (@AnnLoonam) October 11, 2018
If you want to express solidarity or gratitude to Christina Blasey Ford, if you’re also a survivor of sexual assault, if you want to tell her ‘we believe you’, you can write a postcard of support c/o Palo Alto University, 1791 Arastradero Rd, Palo Alto, CA, 94304. #blaseyford pic.twitter.com/BqdB9rNCDz
— FiLiA (@FiLiA_charity) October 9, 2018
— nicolebrandt (@nicolebrandt) October 8, 2018
Join us tomorrow from 7pm to 9pm in AC201 and help us write messages of support to Dr. Christine Blasey Ford – tea, coffee, snacks & postcards all provided 💜 pic.twitter.com/irWOogYmUB
— Feminist Soc NUIG (@FemSocNUIG) October 8, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Women from all over the world have been sending Christine Blasey Ford postcards with one message: “Thank you”.https://t.co/lPz6Sb5vLF
— Meral Guzel (@MeralGuzel_UNW) October 10, 2018
— The Hill (@thehill) October 11, 2018
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Disturbing details emerge on Fox meteorologist who had eye surgery, then took her own life
- BREAKING: Chris Christie releases statement on White House chief of staff role
- REPORT: Eight newly elected Dem governors skip out on meeting with Trump
- REPORT: Maxine Waters’ Campaign ‘Debt’ to Daughter Skyrockets
- BREAKING: Fiance of missing Colorado mom driven away by deputies as FBI search team moves in on his ranch (VIDEO)
- REPORT: Venezuelans now regretting gun ban that stripped them of their weapons
- REPORT: Justice Department releases total cost of Russia investigation since May 2017; it’s staggering
- BREAKING: Beloved Fox TV meteorologist and mother-of-two takes her own life
- REPORT: Beloved holiday singer opens up about his son’s fight against liver cancer
- POLL: Is Michael Cohen telling the truth?