REPORT: World Health Organization gives official name to new coronavirus
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CNBC:
The flu-like coronavirus that has sickened more than 43,100 people in over two dozen countries now has a name: Covid-19.
The CO stands for corona, the VI for virus and the D for disease, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, director-general of WHO, announced Tuesday at a news conference at the agency’s headquarters in Geneva.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Having a name matters to prevent the use of other names that can be inaccurate or stigmatizing,” Tedros told reporters. “It also gives us a standard format to use for any future coronavirus outbreak.”
🚨 BREAKING 🚨
“We now have a name for the #2019nCoV disease:
I’ll spell it: C-O-V-I-D hyphen one nine – COVID-19″
— World Health Organization (WHO) (@WHO) February 11, 2020
The new #coronavirus now has a name: Covid-19
— Berkeley Lovelace (@BerkeleyJr) February 11, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit CNBC. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Another royal break. This time it’s Prince William and Kate Middleton, but its not an exit
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- VIDEO: CNN Anchor Tells Nancy Pelosi That Trump Was Acquitted — She Interrupts, Claims He Wasn’t
- VIDEO: Students Who Tried To Kick Out White People ‘Thought They Were Gonna Be Hailed As Heroes’
- VIDEO: ‘F—ing Traitor’: Sen. Collins Releases Abusive Voicemails Ahead of Impeachment Vote
- REPORT: Barack Obama’s childhood home hits the market
- REPORT: Rudy Giuliani predicts Trump will be ‘totally vindicated’ by ‘smoking gun’ in Hunter Biden probe: ‘We’ve got the documents’
- REPORT: Border Patrol posts multiple reports of truck loads of illegal aliens smuggled into US [PHOTOS]
- VIDEO: Trey Gowdy reacts to DOJ decision on McCabe
- REPORT: CBP Officers Seize HUGE Liquid Meth Load [PHOTOS]