REPORT: After more than a year, Senate confirms nominee to lead Justice Department criminal division
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WashingtonPost:
The Senate on Wednesday voted 51 to 48 to confirm Brian Benczkowski to lead the Justice Department’s criminal division, installing President Trump’s nominee to the post over the objection of Democrats who worried about his representation of a Russian bank and lack of prosecutorial experience.
Benczkowski, who worked under Jeff Sessions on the Senate Judiciary Committee and served previously in several Justice Department jobs, was picked to lead the criminal division more than a year ago, but his nomination languished as Democrats sought to block him and other Trump appointees.
The article goes on to state the following:
Leaders inside the Justice Department had long complained about leaving his and other posts filled by only acting leaders. They hoped Benczkowski — who had served in prior administrations as chief of staff for the attorney general and deputy attorney general — might be able to lend his experience to what has seemed like an endless string of controversies facing the department.
To weigh in on this information provided by WashingtonPost, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WashingtonPost
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: City Named The ‘Rat Capital’ Of The U.S.
- BREAKING: Avenatti makes shocking offer regarding Michael Cohen (video)
- POLL: Should Whoopi issue a public apology to Judge Jeanine?
- BREAKING: Justice Dept releases surveillance applications for former Trump aide
- BREAKING: Gunman takes hostages inside a Trader Joe’s (video)
- Trump Tweet: Statement on hostage situation at Trader Joe’s store
- VIDEO: Whoopi Goldberg: Pirro wasn’t kicked out, she left cursing at staff
- CLAIM: Conservative columnist: ‘I would take Obama back in a nanosecond’
- VIDEO: Judge Jeanine Pirro’s guest appearance on ‘The View’ ends in explosive scene with Whoopi
- REPORT: Benghazi Survivor Drops HOT FIRE After Hillary Attacks Trump For Not ‘Defending’ US Ambassadors