REPORT: Young female cop shot and killed just 2 weeks after being sworn in
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by SFGATE.COM:
A police officer responding to a three-car crash in downtown Davis was shot — and died — on Thursday night, prompting a large-scale manhunt for the gunman that ended hours later when he was found dead inside a home, officials said.
Paramedics rushed the officer to UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento. Lt. Paul Doroshov, a public information officer with Davis Police Department, had initially described her condition as critical. Later, police announced that the officer, Natalie Corona, 22, died from her wounds.
The article goes on to state the following:
A manhunt that involved several police agencies from Sacramento, Yolo and Solano counties ended early Friday morning when police found the suspect dead from what they said was an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound. They said he was found inside a home at 5th and E streets. His name was not released.
This is Natalie Corona, who joined the Davis, CA police department this past August. She was murdered tonight, shot after stopping to help with a traffic accident on a street I cross every day. She was 22.
Gun violence hurts everyone, everywhere. Always. pic.twitter.com/45FSl4bG5A
— Dr. Sarah Messbauer (@PonderosaMstrys) January 11, 2019
Natalie Corona, 22 years old, has died. She just graduated from police academy just months ago in July 2018. Davis Police Department and Mayor speaking to reporters now. @largesteven outside of the possible suspect’s home. #cbs13 #Davis #DavisPD pic.twitter.com/Nj9d5JE8qX
— Macy Jenkins (@MacyJJenkins) January 11, 2019
22-year-old Natalie Corona was sworn in as an officer just two weeks ago.
She was killed in the shooting Thursday.
— CBS Sacramento CBS13 (@CBSSacramento) January 11, 2019
This is Davis police officer Natalie Corona, 22, who was shot and killed in the line of duty tonight. Police shared these photos with us of their “star in the department” pic.twitter.com/A3SQ2lZCh1
— Marlei Martinez (@MarleiMartinez) January 11, 2019
Officer Natalie Corona, you mattered, your life mattered, you were taken from your friends and family way too soon, RIP young angel, rest easy sister. #BacktheBadge #LODD 💙🖤💙🖤 pic.twitter.com/mDa7IpmpqQ
— Bern Notice🔥 (@BDP473) January 11, 2019
The shooter has been found, deceased, inside a home near 5th and E St in Davis with what appears to be a self inflicted gunshot wound.
— Davis Police (@cityofdavispd) January 11, 2019
JUST IN: Sad to report…22 year-old rookie police officer Natalie Corona was shot to death after responding to a car crash in #Davis. She’s the daughter of a cop and was on the job for only a few weeks. #RIP @cityofdavispd @CityofDavis pic.twitter.com/SrdOeJckkE
— Raj Mathai (@rajmathai) January 11, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit SFGATE.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Rep. Gaetz makes rare move to join Dem on amendment to block Trump on Iran
- BREAKING: Minnesota Lawmaker Calls For Ethics Investigation Into Rep. Ilhan Omar [VIDEO]
- UPDATE: David Ortiz shooting: Authorities reveal plot to kill ‘Big Papi’, 6 detained
- REPORT: DNA tests reveal shocking percentage of suspected fraudulent migrant families were unrelated
- VIDEO: Trump presents Medal of Honor to Staff Sergeant David Bellavia
- REPORT: Tear Gas And Cages: What Immigration Enforcement Looked Like Under Vice President Joe Biden (PICTURES)
- BREAKING: Podium placement for first Democratic debate revealed
- REPORT: Gillibrand announces progress toward securing 9/11 victim benefits
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march
- REPORT: Iranian president lashes out with insult at Trump White House amid new sanctions