Robert De Niro lambasts Trump in speech at awards gala (video)
Using foul language to express his rabid hatred of President Donald Trump to his audience at the National Board of Review Annual Awards Gala Tuesday night, actor Robert De Niro held nothing back.
According to The New York Times, when talking about Trump, De Niro’s speech was peppered with the “f” word.
“This f—ing idiot is the president,” De Niro said, according to a transcript provided by a Times reporter. “It’s The Emperor’s New Clothes – this guy is a f—ing fool.”
Calling Trump “Our baby-in-chief – the jerk-off-in-chief,” De Niro said he’s “put the press under siege, ridiculing it through trying to discredit it through outrageous attacks and lies.” He added, before throwing in a Watergate reference: “And again, just like in 1971, the press is distinguishing itself with brave, exacting journalism.”
De Niro has previously slammed Trump, calling him a “flat-out blatant racist” and once sayingin a viral video that he would like to “punch him in the face.”
The Hollywood actor endorsed Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton in the 2016 election.
Tonight’s full Robert De Niro speech introducing Meryl Streep at the National Board of Review gala, referring to Trump: “This fucking idiot is the president. It’s The Emperor’s New Clothes – the guy is a fucking fool…our baby-in-chief – the “Jerkoff-in-chief” I call him” pic.twitter.com/lVXsSCIpvA
— Sopan Deb (@SopanDeb) January 10, 2018
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Amazon announces list of 20 cities as finalists for 2nd headquarters
- POLL: Do you approve of Trump issuing the ‘fake news’ awards?
- Portion of California declares it’s independence from state (video)
- NYC residents outraged over De Blasio’s choice of location for homeless shelter (photos)
- Woman assaulted at nightclub goes to hospital and makes horrifying discovery (video)
- Somalian Muslim immigrant cop arrested at concert (video)
- U.S. removes Haiti from low-skilled work visa list
- House Intel Committee releases full transcript of Fusion GPS testimony
- Memo on FISA abuses outrages GOP lawmakers, demand it be released to public (Video)
- Timberlake includes Trump in controversial music video (video)