Samantha Bee goes on rant against “Fire & Fury” book author (video)
TBS late-night host Samantha Bee is as liberal as they come, but even she found reasons to hate on Michael Wolff’s book, “Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House,” on Wednesday.
Wolff’s book, focused on the inner workings of the Trump administration, has garnered heavy criticism over it’s inaccuracies. The author himself has also been questioned about his credibility, and he received a dressing down from Meghan McCain on “The View” on Wednesday.
“Fire and Fury” claims that the president’s top aides consider him dangerously unfit for office. Since its release, the book has been widely presented and discussed ad-nauseum by analysts and media personalities. While it was praised for “ringing true,” it has been called a work of fiction by President Trump.
It also irrefutably contains numerous flaws, including fudged names, unconfirmed sources, grammatical mistakes and factual errors.
Bee, frequently a detractor of President Trump and his administration, began her segment Wednesday by insulting the president and others. Then, she went on to show she had no love for the book either, pointing out its erroneous contents.
“Fire and Fury is basically the book-length version of a Trump tweet,” Bee said. “Only vaguely truth-adjacent but incredibly distracting, which is too bad because while everyone on cable news was fixated on Michael Wolff’s shoddy ninth generation Xerox copy of Game Change, there were actual things happening. Like news and stuff or whatever, I don’t know, mostly to brown people.”
Bee said the book was “riddled with inaccuracies, thinly-sourced and full of typos.”
Not intending to end the segment by thumping her chest to the potential benefit of the president, Bee went on to take a shot at the Department of Justice, calling efforts to add a question about citizenship to the 2020 census a “real racist way to win.”
“Either they get a list of undocumented immigrants or Hispanic people avoid answering the census and lose congressional representatives and funding,” Bee surmised.
Watch her rant in the video below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Amazon announces list of 20 cities as finalists for 2nd headquarters
- POLL: Do you approve of Trump issuing the ‘fake news’ awards?
- Portion of California declares it’s independence from state (video)
- Woman assaulted at nightclub goes to hospital and makes horrifying discovery (video)
- Somalian Muslim immigrant cop arrested at concert (video)
- U.S. removes Haiti from low-skilled work visa list
- NYC residents outraged over De Blasio’s choice of location for homeless shelter (photos)
- House Intel Committee releases full transcript of Fusion GPS testimony
- Memo on FISA abuses outrages GOP lawmakers, demand it be released to public (Video)
- Timberlake includes Trump in controversial music video (video)