Samantha Bee goes on rant against “Fire & Fury” book author (video)
TBS late-night host Samantha Bee is as liberal as they come, but even she found reasons to hate on Michael Wolff’s book, “Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House,” on Wednesday.
Wolff’s book, focused on the inner workings of the Trump administration, has garnered heavy criticism over it’s inaccuracies. The author himself has also been questioned about his credibility, and he received a dressing down from Meghan McCain on “The View” on Wednesday.
“Fire and Fury” claims that the president’s top aides consider him dangerously unfit for office. Since its release, the book has been widely presented and discussed ad-nauseum by analysts and media personalities. While it was praised for “ringing true,” it has been called a work of fiction by President Trump.
It also irrefutably contains numerous flaws, including fudged names, unconfirmed sources, grammatical mistakes and factual errors.
Bee, frequently a detractor of President Trump and his administration, began her segment Wednesday by insulting the president and others. Then, she went on to show she had no love for the book either, pointing out its erroneous contents.
“Fire and Fury is basically the book-length version of a Trump tweet,” Bee said. “Only vaguely truth-adjacent but incredibly distracting, which is too bad because while everyone on cable news was fixated on Michael Wolff’s shoddy ninth generation Xerox copy of Game Change, there were actual things happening. Like news and stuff or whatever, I don’t know, mostly to brown people.”
Bee said the book was “riddled with inaccuracies, thinly-sourced and full of typos.”
Not intending to end the segment by thumping her chest to the potential benefit of the president, Bee went on to take a shot at the Department of Justice, calling efforts to add a question about citizenship to the 2020 census a “real racist way to win.”
“Either they get a list of undocumented immigrants or Hispanic people avoid answering the census and lose congressional representatives and funding,” Bee surmised.
Watch her rant in the video below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Parents Outraged Over Planned Parenthood’s Pornographic Sex Ed
- REPORT: Melania Trump Poses for pic with Clintons, Obamas and Bush family
- Former NFL star’s gun photo with daughter and date sparks outrage on Twitter (see it)
- REPORT: Bloomberg circumvents Trump, gives millions to fund deal that the president pulled out from
- VIDEO: Judge resigns after berating ill defendant who DIES three days later
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton slams Rudy Giuliani in tweet
- REPORT: Evangelical meeting turns to Trump-bashing
- VIDEO: Woman fined $500 for free airline snack
- CLAIM: ‘Real Collusion’ was between McCabe and Obama Justice Department
- DML TV: Guest to Bill Maher: ‘You need to have respect’ for Trump supporters