Sanders slams media for reporting leaked information (video)
During Monday’s press briefing, White House press secretary Sarah Sanders told reporters to “look around the room” if they wanted to identify people who release sensitive classified information. Sanders’ slam against the media came as she was defending the interim security clearance enjoyed by former White House aide Rob Porter.
Porter resigned last week, after he was publicly accused of domestic abuse. Reporters were concerned about Porter’s access to secure information, considering there were ongoing issues with his background check.
In her simple and sassy style, Sanders responded to reporters concerns, saying: “I think we’re doing every step we can to protect classified information. If you guys have real concerns about leaking classified information, look around the room.”
She continued: “If anyone is publishing, or putting out publicly, classified information, it’s members of the press.”
Sanders went on to say that the media has “leaked” classified information repeatedly, using Capitol Hill sources, which has “put national security at risk.”
Regarding the background check for Porter, Sanders said: “This is a process that doesn’t operate within the White House. It is handled by our law enforcement and intelligence community.”
“I do think that it’s up to those same law enforcement and intelligence agencies to determine if changes need to be made to their process,” she added.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Former ‘Apprentice’ Troy McClain responds to allegations that he played ‘N-word’ tape for Omarosa
- REPORT: CDC warns massive measles outbreak has hit 21 states
- BREAKING: Trump revokes security clearance of former Obama administration CIA director (video)
- REPORT: Philadelphia mom who paid $25k for prom send off is charged with defrauding US government
- REPORT: Jimmy Kimmel recalls stunning incident with Omarosa
- VIDEO: Dem Set to Become First Muslim Woman in Congress Pledges to ‘Absolutely’ Vote Against Aid to Israel
- REPORT: Ex-CIA Director John Brennan fires back after White House revokes his security clearance (VIDEO)
- REPORT: Somali refugee wins Democratic primary in Keith Ellison’s old district
- BREAKING: Former Trump employee releases statement on Omarosa
- REPORT: Pregnant mom and her 2 daughters missing, may be endangered