Scaramucci apologizes to Maddow for suppository comment (video)
Former White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci, who served in the role just 11 days, has apologized after saying in an interview with Fox & Friends Friday morning that MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow should just take a suppository.
It started when Maddow went on a rant Thursday night, after President Trump accepted an invitation to meet with North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un.
“Why has no other American president ever agreed to do this? Why has no sitting American president EVER met with a leader from North Korea… in all the decades North Korea has existed? Should I take that to mean this might be a risky or unwise move?” Maddow declared.
Fox & Friends played the clip of Maddow in their interview with Scaramucci Friday morning, and he responded:
“She’s also missing the nuance here. One of the reasons why we never met with the North Koreans is out of the respect for the Chinese. When we cut that deal in 1953 — the armistice,” Scaramucci responded, “the Chinese wanted buffer zone between them and South Korea.”
“Now, China has grown. It’s now the second largest economy in the world. The president has a great relationship with President Xi. They obviously don’t like talking about that. And the combination of those forces have now allowed for this opportunity to take place for the world.”
“It’s a more complicated story than what she’s saying. You can tell she’s got a little bit of that Trump Derangement Syndrome, which I like,” Scaramucci said. “I’m hoping that one of these comedians will come up with anti-anxiety medication for liberals. Just take one tablet a day, maybe a suppository, and take it easy.”
“It’s morning. I had to wake everybody up with that,” Scaramucci continued. “The president is doing the right thing for the American people, but he’s also doing the right thing for the world.”
Hours later, Scramucci apologize on Twitter, stating, “I apologize to @maddow: that was a lighthearted joke that could be blown out of proportion. She is extremely talented and while we may disagree on some stuff she has an important voice in our national discourse.”
I apologize to @maddow: that was a lighthearted joke that could be blown out of proportion. She is extremely talented and while we may disagree on some stuff she has an important voice in our national discourse.
— Anthony Scaramucci (@Scaramucci) March 9, 2018
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Letter from paramedic at Texas border reveals another side to immigration issue
- UPDATE: Sarah Huckabee Sanders responds to being kicked out of restaurant
- BREAKING: Vinnie Paul, legendary Pantera drummer, dies at 54
- EXCLUSIVE: Border Patrol agent contacts DML, shares unreported FACTS on issues at border
- REPORT: Five Charity Workers Kidnapped and Gang-Raped
- REPORT: Millennials have found a reason to be optimistic about Trump
- REPORT: Reviewers pounce on online report that Virginia restaurant refused to serve Sarah Huckabee Sanders
- REPORT: Kathy Griffin teams up with Stormy Daniels to send vulgar message to Trump (PICTURE)
- Trump Tweet: ‘OBAMA KEPT THEM IN CAGES, WRAPPED IN FOIL’
- UPDATE: Prosecution decision reached for five teens who laughed at and mocked a man as he drowned