Second Maryland school shooting victim identified, released from hospital
A 14-year-old boy wounded in the school shooting Tuesday at a Maryland high school has been released from the hospital, the Baltimore Sun has reported.
The boy, who has been identified as Desmond Barnes, was shot in the thigh and treated at MedStar St. Mary’s Hospital. The circumstances surrounding the incident — which left two students injured and one, the suspected gunman, dead — remained unclear Wednesday morning.
A YouCaring page set up for Barnes had raised more than $14,000 by Wednesday afternoon, and included the following statement:
On March 20, 2018, two students were shot at Great Mills High School. Desmond Barnes, one of the shooting victims, was shot in the leg. He is doing well now but the long term effects of a such a tragedy are unknown. It’s unfortunate that in this day and age, our children cannot even feel safe at school.
Desmond is an amazing child. He is an exceptionally bright young male with an extremely bright future ahead of him. He is constantly winning awards and receiving recognition in various areas of study, making his parents, siblings, and entire family proud.
The entire family has a major battle ahead of them with related medical expenses, after care and only God knows what else.
A second victim of the shooting, 16-year-old Jaelynn Willey, remains hospitalized and fighting for her life.
— NewsChannel 8 (@NewsChannel8) March 21, 2018
The 14-year-old boy shot at Great Mills High School, identified as Desmond Barnes, is in good condition, hospital officials say. https://t.co/lWi1HGzVox
— The Baltimore Sun (@baltimoresun) March 21, 2018
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Father-of-three blows up home on day of daughter’s wedding
- REPORT: Liberal paper passed on thinly sourced Kavanaugh story before NYT published it
- REPORT: Kim Jong Un sends invitation to President Trump
- Growing ‘Garbage Patch’ in ocean is 3 times the size of France (videos)
- How You Can Help Stop Amnesty
- Man tries to bribe wheelchair-bound woman after sexually assaulting her
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez makes request on Manafort being sent to Rikers Island