SNL sketch pokes fun at Mueller’s Russia collusion investigation (VIDEO)
Special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia probe was featured in a surprisingly different “Saturday Night Live” sketch this weekend. The opening sketch was a parody that saw Mueller “break up” with the collusion investigation in a dramatic scene similar to breakups on ABC’s “The Bachelor.”
The opening sketch had cast member Kate McKinnon as Mueller, and Cecily Strong as “Becca,” a character based on a Bachelor contestant that recently had an awkward breakup on the ABC series. In the SNL bit, Becca is “someone who is intent on the special counsel charing President Trump with collusion,” The Hill reports.
In the sketch, “Mueller” has to tell Becca that a collusion charge is not likely and that he’s falling back on obstruction. Becca surmises that that means Trump will not be evicted from office, and Mueller confirms that Trump will probably be president for another six years.
The Hill includes the following description of the sketch: “I’ve been struggling a little bit over the last few months just, like trying to figure this whole thing out and like grasp everything, and the reality is that I don’t — I don’t think that I can give you everything that you want right now, you know, and I think you sense that,” McKinnon says as Mueller to Strong.
“So. What, you don’t have Trump on collusion?” Strong’s Becca responds.
“I’m just trying to be honest and tell you that I can’t commit to collusion right now,” McKinnon says back.
The description continues: “I have to wait two more years for him to be out of office,” Strong asks, mortified.
“Honestly, probably six,” Mueller replies.
In the sketch, Mueller tells Becca that the Stormy Daniels controversy is “fun” but not related to what he is doing and that unless she owns stock in American steel, he has no good news for her.
— The Hill (@thehill) March 11, 2018
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Letter from paramedic at Texas border reveals another side to immigration issue
- UPDATE: Sarah Huckabee Sanders responds to being kicked out of restaurant
- BREAKING: Vinnie Paul, legendary Pantera drummer, dies at 54
- EXCLUSIVE: Border Patrol agent contacts DML, shares unreported FACTS on issues at border
- REPORT: Five Charity Workers Kidnapped and Gang-Raped
- REPORT: Millennials have found a reason to be optimistic about Trump
- REPORT: Reviewers pounce on online report that Virginia restaurant refused to serve Sarah Huckabee Sanders
- REPORT: Kathy Griffin teams up with Stormy Daniels to send vulgar message to Trump (PICTURE)
- Trump Tweet: ‘OBAMA KEPT THEM IN CAGES, WRAPPED IN FOIL’
- UPDATE: Prosecution decision reached for five teens who laughed at and mocked a man as he drowned