Soros, Pelosi to speak at 3-day ‘Resistance’ conference
Billionaire George Soros and Democratic House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi are headlining the last day of a secretive three-day conference on Friday, where Democratic megadonors are plotting the next steps of their “resistance,” according to internal documents obtained by The Washington Free Beacon.
The Democracy Alliance is a club of wealthy liberal donors who pledge hundreds of thousands of dollars in funding to approved left-wing groups. The Free Beacon was able to obtain documents, including the club’s agenda during the conference, which is being held at California’s posh La Costa Resort.
It began on Wednesday morning with the promise to all members and guests of the summit that their participation would “remain confidential.”
The conference agenda laid out “participation guidelines,” explaining that the Democracy Alliance is a “safe place” for donors and activists to meet. Guests are instructed not to share members’ names with the press and not to post to any social media sites. In addition, attendees are asked to contact Democracy Alliance if the “media or a blogger” contact them, and to “refrain from leaving sensitive materials out where others may find them.”
However, in this era of leakers, nothing is sacred. So, the agenda for the meeting, titled, “Beyond #Resistance: Reclaiming our Progressive Future,” was revealed via the conservative news outlet. It outlined three full days of events, culminating in a Friday night dinner headlined by Pelosi.
Prior to that, guests can attend “A Talk with George Soros,” wherein the business mogul will be introduced with a “special videotaped message” by Democratic Senator Kamala Harris (Calif.).
Other notable attendees include:
- Pennsylvania governor Tom Wolf (D.), who held a Thursday event on his re-election efforts
- Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D., Minn.), who to speak on Friday about “Russian interference in the 2016 election”
- Rep. Ben Ray Lujan (D., Minn.), who chairs the DCCC and will attend a “festive brunch” on Saturday morning
- Virginia’s governor-elect Ralph Northam who plans to make a “special appearance” on Friday
Attendees showcased on the agenda include:
- Failed California politician Sandra Fluke
- Liberal CNN contributor Van Jones
- Center for American Progress CEO Neera Tanden.
Not all events and prominent guests are listed on the conference agenda.
Not listed but present:
- A Thursday night happy hour hosted by Planned Parenthood president Cecile Richards
- David Brock of Media Matters for America checked in early Wednesday afternoon and reportedly stayed at the hotel bar past midnight
- Billionaire Tom Steyer, one of Democracy Alliance’s most prominent members, who is currently on his second $10 million campaign to try to get President Trump impeached
Also not listed in the Democracy Alliance program was a meeting held by Patriotic Millionaires, who gave a Thursday morning briefing on the “tax fight” and “what is at stake,” according to the Free Beacon.
The briefing was delivered by Larry Mishel of Americans for Tax Fairness, Thea Lee of the Economic Policy Institute, and Jacob Leibenluft, a member of the Obama administration’s National Economic Council who is now with the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities.
Democracy Alliance president Gara LaMarche called President Trump’s November victory “the most cataclysmic election of modern history” in a letter to attendees that was included in the agenda.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: NFL releases statement on Kaepernick after workout stunt
- BREAKING: Supreme Court Chief Justice announces Ginsburg is ill
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham says he’s “confident” the whistleblower is from the “deep state.”
- VIDEO: ‘Crying like a little child’: Don Trump Jr. rips whistleblower over Clinton loss
- REPORT: Another traveling family attacked by cartel in northern Mexico, one dead
- VIDEO: Democrat against impeachment calls out party for ‘fracturing the nation’ with investigation
- VIDEO: Fox host hits MSNBC for impeachment coverage with George Conway
- REPORT: Michigan county seized retiree’s home over $8 debt – now he’s fighting back
- VIDEO: Former police officer fires back at Joy Behar for suggesting politicians keep gun confiscation a ‘secret’
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts