Soros scores another district attorney win in primary election
After pumping nearly $1 million into a Texas district attorney primary race, billionaire globalist George Soros has chalked up another victory in his effort to change America’s justice system, helping his favored Democratic candidate, Joe Gonzales, take out incumbent Bexar County District Attorney Nico LaHood on Tuesday.
According to a report by the Daily Caller News Foundation, Soros “purchased” the district attorney seat, ousting incumbent Nico LaHood, another Democrat who is opposed to sanctuary cities.
Soros spent $958,000 supporting Gonzales’s cause through a super PAC, Texas Justice & Public Safety, according to campaign finance records reviewed by TheDCNF. The super PAC churned out attack ads against LaHood, accusing him of being racist. LaHood accused Soros of trying to buy the election for Gonzales. Soros’s super PAC spent $897,000 of his money in the final 30 days before the election, campaign finance documents show.
Gonzales is now considered the favorite to win the DA election for Bexar County, which includes the city of San Antonio and is one of Texas’s largest counties. If he wins, Gonzales will join at least 11 progressive lawyers since 2015 who have won district attorney’s seats thanks to massive financial donations from Soros.
The Daily Caller noted that Soros spent $7 million between 2015 to 2016 on 11 district attorneys’ races across the nation, winning 9 out of the 11 races. In 2017, he spent almost $2 million more on two additional races, winning both of these.
Soros’s money helped elect Black Lives Matter attorney Larry Krasner to the DA seat in Philadelphia in November. He also helped Democratic incumbent Stephanie Morales win a DA race in Portsmouth, Virginia.
In addition, Soros is funding third-party organizations, who in turn are targeting 2018 DA races, the Daily caller noted.
Soros has the routine down. He uses powerhouse Democratic law firm Perkins Coie to set up a super PAC named some variant of “Justice & Public Safety.” The super PAC will surface late in a DA race, using the kind of capital typically reserved for a national political race to fund a series of attack ads benefitting Soros’s preferred candidate, who wins almost every time.
The goal is to influence the nation’s criminal justice policies from the ground up by boosting progressive lawyers to victory in DA races around the country. It’s legal and appears to be working.
Soros also spent millions to help oust Arizona’s Sheriff Joe Arpaio in 2016, ensuring a win for his favored sheriff candidate, pro-immigrant Democrat Paul Penzone.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Schiff declares ‘time is running out’ for Mueller
- Fox advertiser: Fox viewers are ‘f-ing idiots’
- BREAKING: Feds swarm ship in Philly port, announce ‘one of largest cocaine seizures in U.S. history’ [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Pelosi makes shocking statement about Trump after deportation announcement
- VIDEO: CNN cuts away from Trump rally after crowd chants ‘CNN sucks’
- REPORT: Fotis Dulos and girlfriend plead not guilty, even as chilling details emerge on his missing Connecticut wife
- VIDEO: ISIS images of a beheaded Scandinavian were sent to victim’s MOTHER
- TRUMP TWEETS: Outrage over Hope Hicks testimony, slams Dems, witch hunt and more!
- REPORT: Democrats refuse to accept Trump’s new proposal for border wall
- REPORT: Trump says U.S., Guatemala negotiating legal wall against migrants