Teacher feeds puppy to class pet as students watch (video)
A teacher is under investigation after administrators learned about a disturbing demonstration that took place in school. Reports say that junior high students in Idaho watched as, on March 7, their popular and well-liked science teacher fed a puppy to the classroom’s snapping turtle. The teacher is now under investigation.
East Idaho News reports: Robert Crosland has taught science at Preston Junior High School for years. In a news release, Preston School District 201 Superintendent Marc Gee says his administration became aware of “a regrettable circumstance involving some of the biological specimens” on March 7.
“The event occurred well after students had been dismissed and were not a part of any school-directed program,” Gee said in a news release. “We emphasize that at no time was the safety of students or staff compromised.”
It’s unclear if the dog was alive or dead when Crosland fed it to the turtle and although it happened after school hours, some students did witness the feeding.
Some reports say the puppy was alive, and that it had been sick (see video below).
The East Idaho News report indicates that Crosland has not been cited or charged, and has not been placed on leave by the school.
“A part of any investigation includes determining the best course of action once the facts of the matter have been ascertained,” Gee said.
EIN continues: Crosland is a popular teacher who has exotic snakes and other animals in tanks around his classroom, according to multiple parents and students who contacted EastIdahoNews.com. Three former students, who asked not to be named, said they recall Crosland feeding guinea pigs to snakes and snapping turtles during classroom demonstrations.
See a picture of teacher below, as well as a local news report. If you can’t see the video, watch it HERE.
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Letter from paramedic at Texas border reveals another side to immigration issue
- UPDATE: Sarah Huckabee Sanders responds to being kicked out of restaurant
- BREAKING: Vinnie Paul, legendary Pantera drummer, dies at 54
- EXCLUSIVE: Border Patrol agent contacts DML, shares unreported FACTS on issues at border
- REPORT: Five Charity Workers Kidnapped and Gang-Raped
- REPORT: Millennials have found a reason to be optimistic about Trump
- REPORT: Reviewers pounce on online report that Virginia restaurant refused to serve Sarah Huckabee Sanders
- REPORT: Kathy Griffin teams up with Stormy Daniels to send vulgar message to Trump (PICTURE)
- Trump Tweet: ‘OBAMA KEPT THEM IN CAGES, WRAPPED IN FOIL’
- UPDATE: Prosecution decision reached for five teens who laughed at and mocked a man as he drowned