Teacher suspended for making racist comments about dating African-Americans
A teacher in Florida is in hot water for racist comments. According to the New York Post, David Swinyar advised a student to refrain from dating African-Americans because “they’re not worth it.” He has since been suspended.
Swinyar, a math teacher at Kernan Middle School in Jacksonville, made the ignorant comment to one of his students as he was giving relationship advice.
The Post reports that on Oct. 6, 2017, the student claims the teacher said: “If your boyfriend says bad things to you and/or treats you wrong, that means he’s acting like a n***er. You all should not be dating all these different African-American boys because they are not worth it.”
From the Post: The 48-year-old was suspended for 10 days without pay for “unprofessional conduct,” according to a decision by the school board.
“He will be reassigned to an appropriate district position with no contact with students for the remainder of the year,” wrote Dr. Patricia Willis to school board members, according to First Coast News.
Of the school’s 1,285 students, 22 percent are African-American, Duval County school statistics show.
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Letter from paramedic at Texas border reveals another side to immigration issue
- UPDATE: Sarah Huckabee Sanders responds to being kicked out of restaurant
- EXCLUSIVE: Border Patrol agent contacts DML, shares unreported FACTS on issues at border
- BREAKING: Vinnie Paul, legendary Pantera drummer, dies at 54
- REPORT: Five Charity Workers Kidnapped and Gang-Raped
- REPORT: Millennials have found a reason to be optimistic about Trump
- REPORT: Reviewers pounce on online report that Virginia restaurant refused to serve Sarah Huckabee Sanders
- REPORT: Kathy Griffin teams up with Stormy Daniels to send vulgar message to Trump (PICTURE)
- Trump Tweet: ‘OBAMA KEPT THEM IN CAGES, WRAPPED IN FOIL’
- UPDATE: Prosecution decision reached for five teens who laughed at and mocked a man as he drowned