Teacher suspended for making racist comments about dating African-Americans
A teacher in Florida is in hot water for racist comments. According to the New York Post, David Swinyar advised a student to refrain from dating African-Americans because “they’re not worth it.” He has since been suspended.
Swinyar, a math teacher at Kernan Middle School in Jacksonville, made the ignorant comment to one of his students as he was giving relationship advice.
The Post reports that on Oct. 6, 2017, the student claims the teacher said: “If your boyfriend says bad things to you and/or treats you wrong, that means he’s acting like a n***er. You all should not be dating all these different African-American boys because they are not worth it.”
From the Post: The 48-year-old was suspended for 10 days without pay for “unprofessional conduct,” according to a decision by the school board.
“He will be reassigned to an appropriate district position with no contact with students for the remainder of the year,” wrote Dr. Patricia Willis to school board members, according to First Coast News.
Of the school’s 1,285 students, 22 percent are African-American, Duval County school statistics show.
For more on this story, click the "read more" button below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Hillary Clinton issues statement about comments she made about Trump voters
- Cirque du Soleil performer dies in fall at Tampa show (video)
- VIDEO: Jailhouse video shows deputies watching and laughing as inmate dies
- Trump Tweets: Hannity and the Witch Hunt!
- Sen. Graham calls for Senate hearing on McCabe firing and makes ominous prediction (video)
- Trey Gowdy warns Trump not to fire Mueller (video)
- Comey’s book, not even out yet, hits major milestone
- REPORT: Facebook’s lack of leadership could sink the company
- POLL: Do you accept Hillary’s explanation for making comments about Trump voters
- BREAKING: Woman killed by self-driving Uber car (video)