Texas husband decapitates wife in front of kids, stuffs head into freezer
Texas resident David Dauzat, 24, pleaded guilty to the 2016 death of his wife, Natasha Dauzat, 21, and has been sentenced to 52 years in prison.
On Friday, Dauzat admitted to decapitating his wife in front of her children, whose body was also found with dozens of stab wounds.
The plea deal was reached after Dauzat agreed to Natasha’s family request to prevent the children from reliving the horrifying incident if the case went to trial. “They didn’t want to put the children through a trial and have them relive those memories,” McLennan County Assistant District Attorney Michael Jarrett said.
The murder occurred at the couple’s mobile home in Bellmead, a town just northwest of Waco, in August 2016 after a concerned relative requested police check on the couple. Police responded to the matter, and officers spoke to David and Natasha Dauzat outside their trailer, who at the time appeared “calm and expressed their curiosity why the police were there.”
Less than two hours later, the same relative contacted police again, claiming he received a call from David Dauzat who told him he “killed his girlfriend.”
Police found Dauzat with his clothing drenched in blood at the trailer. Dauzat had beheaded his wife in front of her two children, ages 1 and 2, who were not physically injured in the incident. He then placed her removed head in the freezer. Police reported Natasha died from “sharp-force injuries, including decapitation.”
Dauzat will serve at least 26 years of his sentence before he is considered eligible for parole.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Amazon announces list of 20 cities as finalists for 2nd headquarters
- POLL: Do you approve of Trump issuing the ‘fake news’ awards?
- Portion of California declares it’s independence from state (video)
- NYC residents outraged over De Blasio’s choice of location for homeless shelter (photos)
- Woman assaulted at nightclub goes to hospital and makes horrifying discovery (video)
- Somalian Muslim immigrant cop arrested at concert (video)
- U.S. removes Haiti from low-skilled work visa list
- House Intel Committee releases full transcript of Fusion GPS testimony
- Memo on FISA abuses outrages GOP lawmakers, demand it be released to public (Video)
- Timberlake includes Trump in controversial music video (video)