Texas husband decapitates wife in front of kids, stuffs head into freezer
Texas resident David Dauzat, 24, pleaded guilty to the 2016 death of his wife, Natasha Dauzat, 21, and has been sentenced to 52 years in prison.
On Friday, Dauzat admitted to decapitating his wife in front of her children, whose body was also found with dozens of stab wounds.
The plea deal was reached after Dauzat agreed to Natasha’s family request to prevent the children from reliving the horrifying incident if the case went to trial. “They didn’t want to put the children through a trial and have them relive those memories,” McLennan County Assistant District Attorney Michael Jarrett said.
The murder occurred at the couple’s mobile home in Bellmead, a town just northwest of Waco, in August 2016 after a concerned relative requested police check on the couple. Police responded to the matter, and officers spoke to David and Natasha Dauzat outside their trailer, who at the time appeared “calm and expressed their curiosity why the police were there.”
Less than two hours later, the same relative contacted police again, claiming he received a call from David Dauzat who told him he “killed his girlfriend.”
Police found Dauzat with his clothing drenched in blood at the trailer. Dauzat had beheaded his wife in front of her two children, ages 1 and 2, who were not physically injured in the incident. He then placed her removed head in the freezer. Police reported Natasha died from “sharp-force injuries, including decapitation.”
Dauzat will serve at least 26 years of his sentence before he is considered eligible for parole.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Roseanne fires back at show after character killed off
- BREAKING: Honduran migrant caravan swells to 4,000 as U.S. border crossings spike
- VIDEO: Chief Justice Roberts Breaks Silence On Kavanaugh Fight
- BREAKING: U.S. Treasury senior official arrested, charged with leaking info on ex-Trump advisers
- REPORT: Kellyanne Conway’s husband pounces on Trump tweet with response
- VIDEO: Democrat senator McCaskill responds to undercover video with fierce allegation, as Part 2 released
- REPORT: FBI probing Manhattan district attorney’s office
- REPORT: Saudi Arabia makes HUGE deposit into American accounts as Pompeo lands in Riyadh
- BREAKING: Dem candidates for Congress raise record-shattering money for midterms
- POLL: Do you think the caravan heading to the US from Honduras will be allowed into the US