Texas husband decapitates wife in front of kids, stuffs head into freezer
Texas resident David Dauzat, 24, pleaded guilty to the 2016 death of his wife, Natasha Dauzat, 21, and has been sentenced to 52 years in prison.
On Friday, Dauzat admitted to decapitating his wife in front of her children, whose body was also found with dozens of stab wounds.
The plea deal was reached after Dauzat agreed to Natasha’s family request to prevent the children from reliving the horrifying incident if the case went to trial. “They didn’t want to put the children through a trial and have them relive those memories,” McLennan County Assistant District Attorney Michael Jarrett said.
The murder occurred at the couple’s mobile home in Bellmead, a town just northwest of Waco, in August 2016 after a concerned relative requested police check on the couple. Police responded to the matter, and officers spoke to David and Natasha Dauzat outside their trailer, who at the time appeared “calm and expressed their curiosity why the police were there.”
Less than two hours later, the same relative contacted police again, claiming he received a call from David Dauzat who told him he “killed his girlfriend.”
Police found Dauzat with his clothing drenched in blood at the trailer. Dauzat had beheaded his wife in front of her two children, ages 1 and 2, who were not physically injured in the incident. He then placed her removed head in the freezer. Police reported Natasha died from “sharp-force injuries, including decapitation.”
Dauzat will serve at least 26 years of his sentence before he is considered eligible for parole.
Trending on DML News
- GONE VIRAL: Mom of killed Navy SEAL hero rips Democrat for Purple Heart for Strzok comment
- Gowdy: Rosenstein should not be impeached, public hearings a joke
- REPORT: James Woods threatened by Stormi Daniels’ lawyer
- REPORT: California Dems stun Sen Feinstein
- POLL: Who is the most dangerous Democrat in 2020?
- REPORT: Gowdy says Mueller probe is not a witch hunt
- CLAIM: Princes Charles and William refused to meet Trump
- REPORT: White House explains why interview with CNN was cancelled
- ANSWER to who had more fake Twitter accounts, Obama, Clinton or Trump
- VIDEO: Hillary Clinton Attacks Trump With Vengeance In Address To Teachers Convention