Three people sickened after white powder sent to courthouse
Three people reportedly fell ill after coming in contact with a suspicious white powder with a sweet scent which was sent in an envelope Monday to a Brooklyn, New York Supreme Court.
Around 12:30 p.m., a woman called police, saying she was an assistant to a judge on the eighth floor of the Kings County Supreme Courthouse, and had opened an envelope that contained the powder.
The woman and two others were evaluated by emergency medical personnel after they began to feel sick, the New York Post reported.
The New York Daily elaborated on the incident:
Floors 8 and 11 were on lockdown as the NYPD’s Emergency Services Unit and the city Department of Environmental Protection investigated. There were no evacuations, but access to those floors remained limited more than two hours later.
“It was an envelope that somebody opened and they were concerned,” FDNY Chief Russ Regan said, adding nobody is “symptomatic.”
Regan said the hazmat crew got “zero readings” on the powder and have turned the substance over to the Emergency Services Unit, who will bring it to a lab for testing.
JUST IN: The powder was found on the 11th floor, where the Civil Supreme judges’ chambers are located, and access to floors 8-11 were blocked as authorities investigated. https://t.co/P4SXe3VCVT
— New York Daily News (@NYDailyNews) March 12, 2018
At least 3 people were sickened after coming in contact with a suspicious powder at the Brooklyn Supreme Court building, authorities said https://t.co/Uaxp6iHmIQ
— New York Post (@nypost) March 12, 2018
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Michael Avenatti representing woman with ‘credible information’ about Brett Kavanaugh
- REPORT: Hundreds of Yale alumnae take action against Kavanaugh with open letter
- REPORT: Grassley releases letter detailing Kavanaugh sexual assault allegation
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh has records from 1982 that may help his defense against allegations
- CLAIM: New Kavanaugh bombshell hinted at by news aggregator: ‘Another Woman?’
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh defends himself against second sexual misconduct accusation
- BREAKING: Kavanaugh fires back at latest allegation, releases letter
- BREAKING: Feinstein makes demand about Kavanaugh after new allegation
- BREAKING: McConnell makes big announcement about Kavanaugh vote in fiery speech (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Maryland police respond to claim about investigating Kavanaugh allegations