Three people sickened after white powder sent to courthouse
Three people reportedly fell ill after coming in contact with a suspicious white powder with a sweet scent which was sent in an envelope Monday to a Brooklyn, New York Supreme Court.
Around 12:30 p.m., a woman called police, saying she was an assistant to a judge on the eighth floor of the Kings County Supreme Courthouse, and had opened an envelope that contained the powder.
The woman and two others were evaluated by emergency medical personnel after they began to feel sick, the New York Post reported.
The New York Daily elaborated on the incident:
Floors 8 and 11 were on lockdown as the NYPD’s Emergency Services Unit and the city Department of Environmental Protection investigated. There were no evacuations, but access to those floors remained limited more than two hours later.
“It was an envelope that somebody opened and they were concerned,” FDNY Chief Russ Regan said, adding nobody is “symptomatic.”
Regan said the hazmat crew got “zero readings” on the powder and have turned the substance over to the Emergency Services Unit, who will bring it to a lab for testing.
JUST IN: The powder was found on the 11th floor, where the Civil Supreme judges’ chambers are located, and access to floors 8-11 were blocked as authorities investigated. https://t.co/P4SXe3VCVT
— New York Daily News (@NYDailyNews) March 12, 2018
At least 3 people were sickened after coming in contact with a suspicious powder at the Brooklyn Supreme Court building, authorities said https://t.co/Uaxp6iHmIQ
— New York Post (@nypost) March 12, 2018
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Hillary Clinton issues statement about comments she made about Trump voters
- Cirque du Soleil performer dies in fall at Tampa show (video)
- VIDEO: Jailhouse video shows deputies watching and laughing as inmate dies
- Trump Tweets: Hannity and the Witch Hunt!
- Sen. Graham calls for Senate hearing on McCabe firing and makes ominous prediction (video)
- Trey Gowdy warns Trump not to fire Mueller (video)
- Comey’s book, not even out yet, hits major milestone
- REPORT: Facebook’s lack of leadership could sink the company
- POLL: Do you accept Hillary’s explanation for making comments about Trump voters
- BREAKING: Woman killed by self-driving Uber car (video)